Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2000, 02:52 PM   #1
stuart

Can anyone tell me the best tactics to kill this slippery little lady. I have a paladin, ranger/cleric, cleric, druid, thief and a fighter/mage and she is proving a tough nut to crack!
Old 08-08-2000, 03:09 PM   #2
Slinky

If you have some arrows of fire or acid, lead her down to a pool right below the room she starts in and have your guy lead her around the pool. When you get enough distance fire off a couple of arrows, lead her around the pool some more, then fire off a couple more. Eventually you'll kill her. Not the best of tactics but it worked for me. Oh the first thing I did was animated some dead, and let her go to town on those while my mage casted a few Algazar's scorchers (not spelled right) and worked her down to hurt. Then I did the pool thing. Hope this helps )
Old 08-08-2000, 05:18 PM   #3
sibley

I've killed her with four different parties now. I get the Throwing Axe +2 on this level. My tank dwarf will have 4 stars in axe skill by this time. Have him creep slowly into the room until Yxunomei is revealed. Then toss the axe at her til she dies. The rest of the party is not involved. The Throwing Axe +2 is fast enough (speed 2) that it will disrupt her spells -- providing it hits. If she doesn't get off a spell to summon some low-level undead, she will not charge at you, I think.

If you don't have enough axe skill, you might be able to do the same with the Messenger of Sseth (bow, speed 3) and some +2 arrows, both found on this level. I don't know whether there are enough +2 arrows available to kill her, though.

Beware that you might reveal an archer or two at the same time as Yxunomei. Be prepared to take the damage from them while you're killing her.

Once out of the four times she did get the summon undead spell off (whatever it is) and charged at me. I had the rest of the party waiting outside in the corridor with what +2 weapons they had and just ganged up on her. She can do a lot of damage in melee. I had to retreat one character, but fortunately she ignored him and attacked someone else when he walked away.

I see someone else suggested Arrows of Fire and/or Acid Arrows. I don't think they can work. You need +2 weapons to hit Yxunomei and these arrows are only +1. If they work, it's a bug.