Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2001, 06:07 PM   #1
Coldblade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ive been able to edit the familar creature thing so they can cast some other spells or maybe chageing their stat around a bit, but my problem is i can't edit the familar itm file so it reflects on the changes i do, i get a error saying i can't write the file.

but the familar still works in game, but when u put it into the backpack it gives u like the stats and what it can do in the itm file well those are wrong accounting to the changes i did to the creature file. that's fine with me but i still would like to be able to change itm file for familars, currently i'm working with the peusdu dragon and he can do some nice spells but whenever i rest, it always outright crash the game no matter what i do, it always outrightr crash the game??
Old 06-24-2001, 11:55 PM   #2
Coldblade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

HELLO?? i would like some help cause i like the familar but want to give them little more health or maybe a additional spell or two.
Old 06-25-2001, 10:00 PM   #3
Coldblade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hello???
Old 06-25-2001, 10:11 PM   #4
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I have no clue on what you need help with. I don't mess with the files, I just play the game.
Old 06-25-2001, 10:45 PM   #5
Coldblade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hmm perhaps my orginal post didn't make much sense.

I have successfuly added some other spells like mirror images, or magic missiles or something similar to an familar, like a cat, rabbit, or the fary dragon. and the familar has the spell when i summon, but my problem is the game crashes every time i rest even if i put familar in my pack, or leave it out, or kill it. the game crashes regardless upon my first rest after i have summoned the familar.