Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2003, 09:55 PM   #1
Gungnir
Elite Waterdeep Guard

finally got around to playing the game (I tried to get 3d mode running and then gave up frustrated),but I'm stuck in the crypt.The walkthrough states to "use the crystals to get the Jindols from the burning altars",but unfortunately the bloody stairs that lead up to them have sunken into the ground and I find no way to bring them up again!

Also,I've given the potion to the toad (Priest Guild Quest),but when I return the priest says I haven't delivered the potion.Is there a workaround for this bug?
Gungnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 10:47 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'm not sure if I've done this before or not, but... welcome to the boards, Gungnir! May your enemies be drenched with sweat and shaking from fear at the mention of your name.

As for your questions, when you slew the two spirits (wizard and warrior), each one dropped a crystal. When you go down the paths, those stairs disappear... and if you look off to one side, you'll see a small holder in the wall... the ideal size to use a crystal in. Each crystal works in one room only, and you can only use one; the second won't do anything. But you can still get both jindols (the dolls on top); use crates to build a rickety ladder, and you can climb right up there.

And for the potion, you needed to wait until Mekdawa finished his comments. That's the signal that the quest is completed. If you haven't got a good save game from before this happened, you can try buying or stealing the potion back, and then giving it again. Otherwise, it may be time to hack yourself another potion and give it away, give it away, give it away now.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 11:13 PM   #3
Gungnir
Elite Waterdeep Guard

d'oh.I already had trouble finding the first slot to call the elevator,but I'll blame it on the messy graphics in software mode [img]tongue.gif[/img]

If I can buy the potion back I'll do that,otherwise I'll wait until my pickpocket skill is high enough to steal it.And this time I'll be more patient
Old 05-27-2003, 06:33 AM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

I am glad you found a solution to your problem. Nice to have you with us, playing the game. We are always ready to help if other problems should occur.

You might want to examine every room thoroughly. Every dungeon in the game has at least a couple of secret rooms. And far from all of the levers, buttons, etc. leading to these rooms are immediately visible.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:07 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Gungnir!!!

Some of those levers and slots can be difficult to spot! Sort of adds to the challenge of the game providing you don't get too frustrated during the search! Keep us posted on how your game is going!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 01:16 PM   #6
Gungnir
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yes they are,but I'm always looking twice now

Right now I'm at the serpent temple,but I can't get the spider nectar.I put the eggs on the platform and squashed them,but when I use a flask on the flask grill,it won't fill.I'm smelling another bug/design flaw here,please don't tell me you have to put the flask there BEFORE you squash the eggs,because I used all three of them and have none left

[ 05-27-2003, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: Gungnir ]
Old 05-27-2003, 01:29 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Okaayyy..... I won't tell you that. What I will tell you is that once you squish the eggs, the juice runs down into the flask. If you put the flask there afterward, then the juice has already run out... and the flask will be ready for the next egg to get squished.

What are you out of? If eggs, just go looking for some more. Have you gotten the little nest of spiders near that room? If so, then head out to the wilderness. They show up as random encounters periodically, and you should have eggs in short order.

If you're missing the flask, I'm not sure what to tell you. Other than "look for another one", that is, and that wouldn't be too helpful.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 01:43 PM   #8
Gungnir
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have the flask,several of them even,I'm just out of eggs and yes,I looted the nest nearby.Guess I'll just have to leave and find some more.Are there any good hunting grounds with spiders?

Still I think this puzzle is poorly done,the dungeon is too big for it.Levers or platforms you have to press in a certain order are alright,but if you need ingredients for it that are used up it sucks.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:54 PM   #9
Gungnir
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There's a problem...sort of.I didn't have to leave the serpent temple before,and now with almost all of the dungeon explored,I can't find the way out again...how embarassing.Is there a site somewhere with a map of the temple? (the automap is crappy).I tried Ironworks (of course!),but it seems to be down?!

Is it possible that you can get trapped in some dungeons until you've killed the big baddy?
Old 05-27-2003, 04:25 PM   #10
WillowIX
Apophis

Welcome to the board Gungnir. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

No dungeons are locked. You can leave and return at any time. If you need maps or a walkthru check this place. If you can find the room you met Kreug you are on your way. Try and backtrack to the room with the large serpent statue with the coin slot. That's near Kreug's room. [img]smile.gif[/img]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote