Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2002, 01:08 PM   #1
Xerin
Dungeon Master

Hi. I want to download some plug-ins, but I really don't want anything else on my desktop. Can I download it to my Morrowind directory? If so, do I need to activate it? Thanks.
Xerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 01:11 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

To activate a plug-in:

Download and un-zip/rar/ace it depending on what kind of file it is.

Then, copy the .Esp file in the zip/rar/ace file into your Morrowind\data files\ directory.

Any meshes or graphics in the file will probably have instructions on where they must be extracted to in the zip file's readme.

Often you can just extract everything to the Morrowind\data files\ directory and what needs to end up in subdirectories is automatically extracted there. You need to switch on "use folder names" when extracting with Winzip in order for it to do this.

Edit: Almost forgot, to activate the plug-in, click on "Data files" when you double-click on your Morrowind shortcut. There you can check which plug-ins you wish to use. Beware about unselecting plug-ins, though, it sometimes causes problems when you afterwards try to load a savegame where you used that mod.

[ 07-08-2002, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Neb ]
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote