Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2003, 03:27 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Gnolls will be the newest creature available in the upcoming patch promised to us before the end of January (ie. two days or less). Now, this is a great addition to our growing library of fun monsters to use in our Modules...but I want to ask a question.

What monster would you most like to see in the next patch update?

My vote: Dragon-lich
Old 01-29-2003, 04:47 PM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hmmm tricky one...
I would go with Beholders cause they are mean lil' orbs of devastation..

Or really mean dwarves in orange robes...

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 05:00 PM   #3
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Definately Beholders or some Beholder-kin. Orogs would be a nice new critter too for lower level play. Some new offical placeables, terrains and structures would also be nice. I am starting to notice a definate need for such. I realize there are haks and other scripts available to add these. But they aren't official and therefore not supported in official patches.

[ 01-29-2003, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Wulfere ]
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 05:10 PM   #4
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

I do not see the 1.28 in the beta area yet. Normally patches are there for a week or so before they get released. At least this is how they have done the other patches. The next creature I would like to see is humm I am not sure. Are hobgoblins in it? Hum I need to go look and the guide tonight and figure that one out. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 09:51 PM   #5
Lucifer Lord of demons
Manshoon

I would like to see Beholders and Mind flayers real bad

And maybe the gem dragons or the purple dragon.

And definately more demonic creatures
When someone insults you, do not kill them there and then. It is a bad thing to do. Instead plot revenge, destroy his life, ruin him and in the end leave him to think about his fate. He\'ll understand the errors of his actions. <br /><br />\"Thaaat dooesn\'t huuuuurt!!!\"<br />(Victim of a dark elf assasin before losing his head)
Lucifer Lord of demons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 11:30 AM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Great point. You're right...I guess the ability to have all subraces of beholders would be the best thing that we could get in an upcoming patch. Hey! Maybe they are included in the expansion pack that will be for sale.

[ 01-30-2003, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 01-30-2003, 04:38 PM   #7
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Best thing would not be new monsters...

Let us play as drow, aasimar, tiefling, deep gnomes and other fun races instead!!

Well at least thats what I want, and the ability to choose to either use the point buy or a rolled character for at least the single player game.. :S

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 08:02 PM   #8
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I definitely side with Wolfgir .... give us subraces!!!!

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 10:59 PM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Beholders nice and subraces...meh I think they'll wait for the expansion to do that PROPERLY and the way it should be done.
I really can't believe they haven't included gnolls already and in the original, it almost feels like were being undersold here and then forced to wait for them to make fixes to the original lack of originalityin upcoming patches...oh well better late than never eh?
Old 01-30-2003, 11:25 PM   #10
Chewbacca
Zartan

I saw a recent hak pack for Purple worms. You haven't really lived unless you have hacked your way out of the belly of one. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Gnolls are cool! Ever since kobalds became little lizardmen, the dog people have been under-represented.

Hob-goblins are a good choice as far as mobs go, but Beholders would be nice new Boss monsters. I am all for sub-races as well.
[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]