Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2003, 04:27 PM   #141
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Quote:
Originally posted by NiceWorg:
Just go and see the "love kobolds" thread in BG1 forum. It´s been there for centuries and it´s driving me insane!
I just read, I love it and I hope it's not deleted. It's pretty funny from what I've seen [/QUOTE]Ya.. It may be funny, but how can someones mental stability stand a serious discussion about how kobolds should be loved, not hated? Okay, sub-serious anyway...
Old 03-31-2003, 04:30 PM   #142
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Harley, Snow hit us while we were sightseeing on Saturday here in Chi-town. Now, it's 50-60 again. Oh, well. Winter wants to hang w/ you a bit longer. [img]graemlins/imcold.gif[/img]

On a positive note, I stepped inside the Symphony Orchestra hall just to check it out while waiting for a free trolley to the museum campus. I just happened upon a jazz concert led by Wynton Marseilus (spelling is wrong I'm sure). He was actually doing a fair bit of lecturing between songs - it was all a lesson on Blakey's and The Messengers' contributions to jazz. Great stuff. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Plus, as it had been going on for 30 mins, the doorman let me and my wife inside for simply the price of greasing his palm: $3.00.

Last time I wondered about Chicago on a Saturday, I stumbled across a pot festival in Grant Park. I always have the most interesting about-town roamings.

[ 03-31-2003, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 03-31-2003, 04:31 PM   #143
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Uhh...I would'nt mention Kobolds to often around here. The Gibbies cant stand Kobolds!
Old 03-31-2003, 04:41 PM   #144
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

eyup, it's strange how that topic manage to stay around. looks like a certain people choose to keep quiet about it.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:22 PM   #145
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

*runs in*
[img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img]
*runs out*
[img]tongue.gif[/img]

C'mon, 2 hours of [img]graemlins/spam3.gif[/img] -free cafe. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] Somebody had to stop the embargo.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:56 PM   #146
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce The Aussie:
this is an older board thats got a reputaion for dealing with trolls quite severly. it seems to of stopped people from messing with Z and the other mods [img]smile.gif[/img] . of corse sometimes it does seem a little strict here but its all good [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Amen. I like the atmosphere, here. We don't have to worry about somebody jumping down our throat all of the time. Boy, it nearly got to 80 degrees here, today.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:05 PM   #147
LordKathen

I'll second that Attalus! [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2003, 09:15 PM   #148
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Well, it snowed enough that the snow stuck.
What is it with people on "news servers" that they think they are so much better than everyone and that they need to talk down to people.
First time I posted to one it was requesting information and was filled with please's and thank you's and when it's convient for you, etc, and I got called an "a-word" for my trouble (censor so as not to break any IW rules)
This time I asked a question about a file format that was posted that I don't recognize and the response I got was this. Never mind that the question this guy's answering isn't even the correct answer. I wasn't asking about "Rar" files but about something else. Am I just overreacting or do you guys agree this is just rude?:
Quote:

These are *.RAR files. Not unlike WinZIP files. They are compressed parts of
the movie. One needs WinRAR to "unzip" them.
In the future if one is on the Internet and has questions then the place to
go is www.google.com and search for answers there. Google is the "Library" of the Internet and it has all answers.
So for example if you had no idea what a *.rar file is you go to google and
search for "rar files" and commence reading. Yes reading. Get a bit of gumption people and use the Web instead of requesting answers from humans. You all have computers if your reading this so use the tool for what it is. Honestly, asking questions like "What kind of format is this" is like owning a car and asking people to push you around everywhere to get where your going. Read...you'll be surprised what you can discover.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:22 PM   #149
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

No, that's not rude Harley. Well, no more rude than anyone would be with 2 fully matured corn husks shoved up their arse. You want to see rude, go to Findlaw.com and check the Greedy Associates Boards - particularly "RealGAs" There you will find rude.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:33 PM   #150
LordKathen

Was this a Costumer Service representitive? I would report him/her if it was. They obvioussly are burnt out with their job, and need to move on. If not, then, well, thats the way it is. I dont mean to be rude myself, but 95% of all the questions out there can be answered by ones self if you read. Take the old VCR indtructions issue. If you read and reread the instructions, the answer will come to you. People are generally to lazy to read, I think thats what this guy was saying, how ever rude he may have been.
I dont know your situation by any means, so I am not talking to you pursay. And if this was a Costumer Service Rep. then thats different, its thier job to answer questions.