Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2001, 08:18 AM   #21
norompanlasolas

Well... I've had quite a few injuries. Where to start...

- I was only 5 and in vacation in Brasil. I was walking in shallow water and slipped in some very sharp corals, falling on my back. I rolled following the pattern of the bones until my chest. The scar I now have (Im 24) goes the left side of my back, going up and right until it finishes in the middle of my chest. Its kind of cool, though, and great for irking impressionable people on parties. [img]smile.gif[/img]

- When I was 11 my younger brother (9) threw me a small chair and it bumped in my chest, sending me back straight into the stairs, from which I fell resulting in an arm broken and several bruises all over.

- 2 years later, when playing chase in my house in the country (which had very large door-windows), I didnt notice that one of them had been just closed by the gardener. So I went through it, luckily with my knee first. The glass made quite a big hole in it, I could see the white of the bone and it was not a pretty sigtht.

- I fractured my wrist when I was playing soccer at 16, it was exposed, the bone punctured the skin and my hand faced sideways (I looked kinda like the alien in Total Recall).

- When I was 18, 2 guys about my age tried to rob me, and stupidily I fought with them. Result, various bruises and my pinky finger hanging off a very thin skin thread because of a nasty knife cut. They could sow it back, luckily.

- At 20, I broke my achilles tendon (again playing soccer). It rolled all the way to my knee. They had to cut open my leg in two different places and stretch it back down. Pretty painful, even though I was under heavy anestesia (how do you say it?).

- At 22, when I was tring to learn to surf, I tried to do to much too eary and I fell, nothing serious unless we consider that my surfboard fell straight after me, and straight on my thick head (not so thick, looking at the hole it made). I needed 33 stitches.

- At 23, I again injured myself trying to surf (I should know better by now). This time I was more lucky cause I only needed 7 stitchtes in my arm.

- Just 2 months ago, my stupid brother crashed while driving in his car. He was ok, but I wasnt using the safety belt and damaged my back and neck from the impact and my head (also from the impact, but with the front glass of the car). I still have the bruise and it doesnt seem like its going to go away soon.

I have tons of other minor injuries and scratches (fire burns, cuts, etc). Strange thing is I consider myself lucky. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2001, 08:38 AM   #22
Davros
Takhisis Follower

At about age 10, while helping Mum with the weeding I managed to stick a spine of the garden fork clean through my foot (right up near the base of the leg). Strangely enough, I felt no pain, and just stared bemused at the blood pouring forth. Got rushed to the doctor and patched up - extremely fortunate that I picked one of the few perfect points and missed anything serious (no lasting damage). Was packed off back home, and hobbled down to greet my father who had been off playing cricket. Got a symathetic hug, then he turned around to talk to mum, took one step back, and stepped right on my badly abused foot - he still had his cricket spikes on. I think you guys and gals in places like Holland and NY would have heard my anguished screams of pain - perhaps you remember them .
Old 11-22-2001, 11:01 AM   #23
Debaser

When i was really young, i got stung on one of my buttcheeks by a jellyfish. funny, albeit amazingly painful, mishap.

another time, again when i was young, i was running down the stairs of my old apartment, and towards the end there was this ledge that came down low enough so you (atleast my 5'11" self) had to duck to clear. I was pissed off at the time and preoccupied, so I basically smashed the edge of that ledge straight on with forehead at a sick speed, flew up in the air from the impact, and crashed down on my back onto the marble floor. I was kind of in shock, so the pain didn't hit me right away, but all of a sudden i noticed i couldn't see (turns out my eyes were caked in blood) and i felt warm wetness all over my face. I started screaming out for my mom, who ran down at the sound of my horrendous shrieking...she said that i was sitting there, my face covered in blood and a pool of blood beneath me, and she could see the bone of my skull through the open gash on my forehead. after a speedy trip to the hospital and a bunch of stitches, i was fine. still have a nice little scar on my forehead from the incident.
Old 11-22-2001, 01:36 PM   #24
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

And i considered myself unlucky! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2001, 01:38 PM   #25
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

And i considered myself unlucky! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]