Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2001, 05:00 AM   #1
Ed
Manshoon

How do i get the graphics from your graphics library to come after the things that i post like so many others have? Is it somthing to do with the signature?

------------------
Platinum Fighter of ALSB
Old 09-16-2001, 05:02 AM   #2
Ed
Manshoon

and is it possible to combine them to look like they are next to eachother?

------------------
Platinum Fighter of ALSB
Old 09-16-2001, 05:21 AM   #3
Pangur Ban

When you make a post, check out the "Smilies Legend" link, which is to the left of the box where you type your message text. This will help ...

Pangur Ban
Old 09-16-2001, 12:28 PM   #4
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed:
How do i get the graphics from your graphics library to come after the things that i post like so many others have? Is it somthing to do with the signature?

If you see some of the graphics in other people's posts, you can click on edit/delete above it. This will show you the correct format to use. If you mean graphics from outside, you need to reference the address in the image tag. Again, to see the format, you can use edit/delete on posts that have graphics on them. You can get most graphic addresses by right clicking on them and then clicking on properties. This will show you the address. You can highlight it and then it to copy it. Put it in the tag by using . Follow what the previous poster said if you are talking about IW graphics too as they have shortcuts. Most are invoked by using 2 :'s together before and after the shortcut name. You can't use the shortcut in a signature though (at least you couldn't before, I don't know if they have changed this or not), but if you use the properties trick that I told ya, you can put that in an image tag to get the pic. Have fun. !!!!!

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL

adding in a line to show angel wings -

[This message has been edited by Tobbin (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 12:31 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
If you see some of the graphics in other people's posts, you can click on edit/delete above it. This will show you the correct format to use. If you mean graphics from outside, you need to reference the address in the image tag. Again, to see the format, you can use edit/delete on posts that have graphics on them. You can get most graphic addresses by right clicking on them and then clicking on properties. This will show you the address. You can highlight it and then it to copy it. Put it in the tag by using . Follow what the previous poster said if you are talking about IW graphics too as they have shortcuts. Most are invoked by using 2 :'s together before and after the shortcut name. You can't use the shortcut in a signature though (at least you couldn't before, I don't know if they have changed this or not), but if you use the properties trick that I told ya, you can put that in an image tag to get the pic. Have fun. !!!!!

Hey Tobbs! Very helpful! Yes, I think you are right, shortcuts don't work in sigs. See Lionesses, her angel doesn't show up properly.

CB
Old 09-16-2001, 12:36 PM   #6
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Ok, that is how you can put it in a signature. I notice that she edited the one message, but if she posts the whole image link, it will work fine.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-16-2001, 03:22 PM   #7
Lioness
Jack Burton

See?! Tobbin sent me the address for it, you have to put img and a whole bunch of stuff. Now it works all the time.

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and resident storyteller at Cloudy's Cafe
Lil' Angel
Bestest Mate of the Cyan Knight
Lady of the Fallen Paladin
Old 09-17-2001, 06:51 AM   #8
Ed
Manshoon

I don't really understand what i have to do, I right click on the picture , go to properties, copy its adress.... then what?

------------------
Platinum Fighter of ALSB
Old 09-17-2001, 08:19 AM   #9
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed:
I don't really understand what i have to do, I right click on the picture , go to properties, copy its adress.... then what?

Ok, it depends on the type of picture that you want.

If you just want it inline, you can type an image tag kinda like this.

[ img ] http://publish.hometown.aol.com/tobb.../sp_horror.gif [ /img ]

Make sure that you don't put any spaces in there. If you do, the picture will show up whereas I had to put spaces so you could see the words.

If you want it in your signature, you have to put it in your profile first. You can go to the top of the page and click on profile. It will ask for your handle and password - type them in. When you accept this, it will take you to another screen. Where you want to put the image tag is in your signature line. Remember that whenever you post a message, there will be a checkbox just below the message thread that says Show Signature. When you click on this, it will post the pic into the message for you. Hope that helps. BTW, if you are using an IW picture, in a regular message, you can just use shorthand for it. You can click on Graphics Library at the top to see what is available. If you need any help, just let us know and we will work something out.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-17-2001, 08:40 AM   #10
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed:
and is it possible to combine them to look like they are next to eachother?

Sorry for not answering this earlier too, it depends on how big/close that you want the pics. You can post an image tag right after another image tag:

but if you want them to actually be together, the best way is to use an image editing program and splice them together. Like I was saying, it all depends on what you want to do. If you want a picture over another pic, then you hit enter after the tag and it will put in a linefeed. Just experiment. But please note that signatures do have size limitations here. I don't know exactly what they are, but something the size of half the screen will be too large. Just use discretion.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL

[This message has been edited by Tobbin (edited 09-17-2001).]