Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2001, 10:02 PM   #31
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
I could, too, Charean...I've seen and experienced a lot of what most would classify as "paranormal phenomena."

However, I rarely have felt a sense of fear about such things...more of awe and wonder. Unless it's a very dark or malevolent energy (and you will feel such things, believe me, if you are the LEAST bit sensitive!) there's nothing to fear.

Sometimes the effect is just an energy imprint, sort of a psychic "tape recorder". Wood and stone seem to be good receptacles for this sort of etheric energy, and I notice there's a LOT of wood and old stone in that picture.

Curious!

As could I. Although I have felt, more than seen...And same answer, most often a warm and wonderful feeling...but a few not so...

Wood! I love old wood...nothing feels quite like the timeworn pieces...sigh... Stone as well, especially carved or pieces worn as jewelry. They can be quite warm sometimes. LOL...listen to me, going on about feeling wood and stone...I'm blaming your post, Saz! LOL

All told, though, Wah, that really looks like a light reflection on a glass lens...so, dunno what else to tell you! I've seen similar on snaps taken with a regular camera and not of cemtetaries! Does your digital camera have more than one lens layer? Maybe you got a quirky reflection from one onto the next that left that imprint? I can't really say. But if it helps, that pic didn't make me feel one teensy bit scared!

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 06-10-2001, 10:04 PM   #32
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

My wife just saw the picture, and she wanted to know, "what is the very bright spot just to the right of the church?"

I see it, but I can't make it out!

Old 06-11-2001, 12:57 AM   #33
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Kiwidoc can you do what ziroc did so we can see what spot you are talking about. The cross tombstone behind the mist makes it look it has an eye

------------------

BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 06-11-2001, 03:13 AM   #34
Drake
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Wah:
A while ago, I was walking down a cemetery near my college.

It was essential for my artwork and I had a digital camera with me to take some pictures.

I took about 64 or 65 "snaps", and loaded them individually into my PC so that I could draw sections later on.

It has been a while now, but I had a feeling today, I decided to browse through them again to see if I actually needed them on my hard drive anymore.

I went through each one, until I reached this picture...............

I FOUND THIS:

PS:

* I have done NO editing with ANY paint shop program or indeed did ANY modification to the picture.
* I have never realised this until now.
* It is impossible to duplicate the same effects (look how the mist curves over the grave!)
* It was a sunny day.

Can this be explained?
Can someone tell me that it was just a dream, please.

Is it me, or can you guys see it too?

Help me, Wah doesn't like being scared

did you happen to spill milk on the lens cause I once knew this guy who tried to pull of something like that as a ghost caught on camera

but realy it's a wierd pic don't know what to make of it.

------------------

Drake A.K.A. bocaj
Old 06-11-2001, 03:22 AM   #35
Drake
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
My wife just saw the picture, and she wanted to know, "what is the very bright spot just to the right of the church?"

I see it, but I can't make it out!

Sazerac you must tell your wife that she has a very good eye. I don't know how I couldn't see that before. I don't know what to make of it.

P.S. I don't know if it's to late to wish you good luck wah but just in case it's not to late, good luck

------------------

Drake A.K.A. bocaj
Old 06-11-2001, 03:43 AM   #36
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

wah, if i were u, i wouldnt be scared. even if it is a ghost, if it had any agression towards u, it would have attacked by now. also, whats a ghost vs an arch lich? well neways, nice pic. and good luck on ur exams!
Old 06-11-2001, 06:11 AM   #37
Neb
Account deleted by Request

What the hell is that thing behind the church? That looks more scary than the mist, like some sort of ethereal lurking thing.
Old 06-11-2001, 06:14 AM   #38
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Wah, love the photograph. Wow, looks like a real ghost that happened to be wandering around when your were photographing.

------------------

Old 06-11-2001, 01:48 PM   #39
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Good Evening everyone!!

Yes.......I got several of my arch dudes at school to take a look as well - it took almost a whole day for them to get it sorted. They said that either it was a complete paranormal incident (one girl is REALLY RELIGIOUS!) or perhaps it was what they call "dew": But I told them not to be stupid, because it was at least 1pm in the afternoon. (Still no explanation? )

Anyway, if you want to know. I did have a pretty heavy sleep last night! I think now, I'm going to make this logging in a habit, instead if reading books or counting sheeps. (but it was STILL very late = about 5:30am in the morning!)

Well, to say the best - my psychology exams are over! Yes over! And it was quite the cheesy one, with lots of easy questions but to say the least I couldn't help think about it 1/2 way through.

I think Sazerac is going to put my off Wednesday's Eng Literature too, from what I see...........is that a white spectre peering from behind the church? This time I'm going to be as skeptic as hell - so tonight I'm sleeping through thunderstorms. But seriously, that does not look right.

But all in all, I went there today and took a couple more shots - This time the lens was spotless, sun was down though - I'll try to capture another one very soon.

This could be an occasional new hobby for me.
Too bad my friends think that I'm mental.

------------------
Old 06-11-2001, 07:47 PM   #40
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Wah! Come on, your a arch-lich! Do away with these unworthy specter hehe,well that is pretty crepy and whith all the camrea facts Ziroc mentioned i am not sure if I am ganna take the 'Camera Glitch' or 'It was a Ghost' side. While I do belive in ghost even had encounters with them I dont know about camera's but *says fast* I am home alone right now and wanna get off the subject...

------------------

Hunter, Scout, Warrior, Woodsmen, Archer

[This message has been edited by Grand-Ranger (edited 06-11-2001).]