Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 11:09 AM   #1
brianward420
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Unfortunately I cannot find my Wiz8 disc 3 (ahhhhh!!) so I cannot reinstall the game and try any of these new MODs that seem to be pretty cool.
I was wondering though why it seems that none of the MODmakers have included the old NPCs from Wiz7? Certainly if DS added Shritis T'Rang and Rodan Lewarx, people would have mentioned it and I would have seen it. The characters which (for what reason I do not know) were cut out of Wiz8 that really made Wiz7 the game it was should be brought back in full glory. I think even monsters like Ra-Sep-Ra-Tep should be reincluded (remember this guy came back to life at the end of Wiz7, so why not again in Wiz8?). Any additions like these would truly make the MODs a better game than Wiz8. I thought the main thing Wiz8 lacked were the old school characters. I so hoped that I would be able to battle with the 9 foot T'Rang once again, but to my disliking, was stuck with a bunch of *BEEP* T'Rang replacements...

Good characters, with possible drops, to include would be:
Ratsputin
Mick the Pick
Blienmeis (get the CoC from him not barlone, barlone should drop a dongfu)
Rodan Lewarx (golden medallion, rhinablade, blunderbuss)
Rossarin (change the Umpani arms dealer to him and give him good shit to sell)
Shritis T'Rang (psi rod- is that what he used?)
D'Rang T'Rang
Umpani SSUF
T'Rang C'tlu
Rattkin Razuka
All the monsters from the room in the Isle of the Crypts with the gated rooms; Beast of 1000 Eyes, Fiend of 9 Worlds, etc. (give them all good drops, and they don't need to be impossible end game monsters either, the Fiend could be in place of the big spider in the starter dungeon for example)
Dame Ke'Li (frontier phaser) - hide her in Higardi somewhere good and make her friendly also
Vi Domina - I have issues with her... first of all her name is Vi Domina, not just Vi like in the game. Second give her the damn Cobaltine Powerglove! She has a freaking metal hand and that's what it is! How dumb can game-makers get???? They gave her a mace, a *BEEP* mace. Give the girl some credit for the love of God.

Hell, I'm sure you could even pretend that a small group of Gorn hitched a ride on the Rattkin's ship and with the proper skin (not sure what though) you could have a fight against:
The Ghost of Brother T'Shober, Paluke, Lord Galiere, Capt. Boerigard and King Ulgar all at the same time! That would be intense and so *BEEP* sweet!

I just cannot believe that Sir-Tech declined to put these characters from Wiz7 into Wiz8. I realize that people killed some of them in the previous one, so I guess there's a slight problem there with imported games. But that could all be fixed by simply writing a small algorithm to replace the dead characters with new ones for those that killed them. This way they could have included the people from Wiz7 who actually had some character to them, not just some wimpy, noname guys like they did. So if you start from scratch, they'd all be there. Big time mistake on their part, in my opinion. Oh well......

EDITED by T-D-C: Please don't force me again to edit your post. Please read the Terms of Serivce before posting again. Keep the swearing out of your posts. It does not make you cool to swear.

[ 08-23-2005, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]
brianward420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 11:20 AM   #2
Sinteuil
The Magister

Rodan actually already is in Wizardry 8 at the Away-Camp. Also, in Flame's latest mod, you can find both the Beast of 1000 eyes and the Fiend of 9 Worlds, and you'll find a Powerglove as well, a bit late in the game... but if you wanted to, you could easily put it into Vi's inventory early using Mad God's editor.

Good luck finding disc 3!

[ 08-22-2005, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Sinteuil ]
Sinteuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:06 PM   #3
SecretMaster
Apophis

I know that Wiz8 is a sequel and an ending to Crusaders of the Dark Savant, but it isn't a ripoff of D.W. Bradley's work. The fact of the matter is, Bradley wasn't working with them on Wiz7. And while it is nice to bring back some old characters, a carbon copy of Wizardry 7 with a new world just isn't as fun.

Besides, there is also a logical explanation as to why the natives of Guardia didn't make a full blown appearance in Wizardry 8. The Helazoid were the only technologically advanced civilization on Guardia, and they were considered almost mythical. No one ever found a Helazoid settlement. And they were the only ones who had advanced technology. The Umpani and T'rang were not native, they were just treasure hunters. They made no alliances. Furthermore, we all know the Rattkin snuck on the Nargisst to settle a personal vendetta with the Dark Savant. The Gorn have much better things to do, they were in the middle of a civil war. The Munk were essentially the keepers of Phoonzang's secrets while the Dane kept to their own affairs.

Besides, there were enough Umpani NPC's. They had Balbrak, Rodan, and I think another whose name slips my mind. And putting Shritis T'rang in the game might have stirred up Rodan's old feelings. Shritis killed Rodan's father, he probably couldn't put the past aside for Shritis and still try to align both T'rang and Umpani.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 08:06 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

brianward420:

We tend to discourage the use of heavy vulgarity on these forums.
Please edit and replace your use of the "F" word.

Thank you.