Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2002, 04:05 PM   #1
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Here's the deal - I've just finished Bg1 with a fairly impressive (stats wise) elven Thief (STR 19, DEX 20 [img]smile.gif[/img] ) and am about to restart BG2 with TOB installed (when I can find a shop that sells it). I've got a pretty good mental image of who this guy is - and it centres on stealth, backstabbing and poison (yeah, he's an Assassin). I loaded up BG2 last night to get some first impressions on how he's going to look and started to think about weapon profs... (BTW I've played through SOA more than a few times already, including with a Thief)

4 points - 1 for short bow is a given. I can kind of see him dual-wielding (even with massive penalties), but it makes more sense to put a point in single-handed for now. I'm then looking at a couple of melee weapons - I've got a kind of itchy finger that makes me want to select Katana, but the other options are Short Sword or Dagger (2 out of 3).

I can't really see this guy with a katana - is CF an assassin's blade at all? (What's the point of been invisble when there's a sonic boom).

So what weapon is going to be used most by this guy? Obviously different blades for different foes and all, but he _needs_ a trademark slicer - so what's it to be?
antonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 04:18 PM   #2
uss
20th Level Warrior

If you have ToB, i suggest putting into short sword because:
SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
after agreeing to help the people in the watchers keep, there is a female merchant, who sells pretty good items which include kickass crossbow +4 that automatically shoots +2 fire dmg arrows, and the sword of the mask, a +4 short sword with 15% chance to entangle the enemy with no save. when you get to ToB, you can make it even better
[img]smile.gif[/img]
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 04:19 PM   #3
uss
20th Level Warrior

If you have ToB, i suggest putting into short sword because:
SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
after agreeing to help the people in the watchers keep, there is a female merchant, who sells pretty good items which include kickass crossbow +4 that automatically shoots +2 fire dmg arrows, and the sword of the mask, a +4 short sword with 15% chance to entangle the enemy with no save. when you get to ToB, you can make it even better
[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2002, 04:22 PM   #4
uss
20th Level Warrior

Oops!
sorry about that! i pressed on add reply twice.. i think
Old 02-18-2002, 05:58 PM   #5
Gimlee
Elminster

But if you don't have TOB installed, you can try katana. There is a very good katana (don't remember the name) that has a lot of magical effects.
Old 02-18-2002, 07:25 PM   #6
Kmazi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Try Shortsword, because you get a pretty good one from bloodscalp after completing his quest. It gets +3 in THACO department and damage too. Later on you caan get the cutthroat+4 in bohdi's lair
*Stats*<br />Kmazi- lvl 17 Sorcerer 66 Hp -2 Ac<br />Str- 18<br />Dex- 15<br />Con- 15<br />Int- 15<br />Wis- 10<br />Car- 09<br />Most Powerful Foes Defeated- Thaxll\'ssillyia, Nizidramanii\'yt, and Firkraag<br />Favorite Spells-<br />Level 1- Magic Missile<br />Level 2- Mirror Image <br />Level 3- Ghost Armor<br />Level 4- Stone Skin<br />Level 5- Shadow Door<br />Level 6- Spell Deflection<br />Level 7- Finger of Death/ Mordenkainen\'s Sword<br />Level 8- Abi-Dalzim\'s Horrid Wilting/ Spiralcrum<p>\"Death Comes To Those Who Go Against The Followers Of Kmaz Lord Of All Dragons\"
Kmazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 07:35 PM   #7
Kmazi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

p.s. you should also carry around a Pixie Prick +3, Save vs. Poison or the enemy falls asleep (alot easier for you to get the poison to run it's course).
*Stats*<br />Kmazi- lvl 17 Sorcerer 66 Hp -2 Ac<br />Str- 18<br />Dex- 15<br />Con- 15<br />Int- 15<br />Wis- 10<br />Car- 09<br />Most Powerful Foes Defeated- Thaxll\'ssillyia, Nizidramanii\'yt, and Firkraag<br />Favorite Spells-<br />Level 1- Magic Missile<br />Level 2- Mirror Image <br />Level 3- Ghost Armor<br />Level 4- Stone Skin<br />Level 5- Shadow Door<br />Level 6- Spell Deflection<br />Level 7- Finger of Death/ Mordenkainen\'s Sword<br />Level 8- Abi-Dalzim\'s Horrid Wilting/ Spiralcrum<p>\"Death Comes To Those Who Go Against The Followers Of Kmaz Lord Of All Dragons\"
Kmazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 05:20 AM   #8
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

I like the thought of him weilding a katana - but just not Celestial Fury - the problem is that other than that they're a bit thin on the ground.

The pixie prick is one I do like (forgetten about that one), possibly as an off-hand weapon (and damn the penalties). Needs a good short sword to go with though...
Old 02-19-2002, 05:32 AM   #9
Barlik Longbeard
Manshoon

Yeah, the Celestial Fury KICK MIGHTY EVIL BUTT! My Archer uses it and it is one of my preferred weapons, even over the Mana Bow +4! It is a very good weapon indeed.

SPOILER
However, a trademark weapon is the Pixie Prick, which is a very Assassiny, Elfish weapon. Curved and pointy sharp, it looks evil and is evil. You can find it if you help a Church to get some sculptor to make a statue. Help the Duegar get the Material you need back and in doing so you kill the bastard who killed tonnes of kids in Baldurs Gate.
Old 02-19-2002, 07:49 AM   #10
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Isn't that Neb's Nasty cutter? Pixie prick is in the planar prison, isn't it?