Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2001, 03:10 PM   #61
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Draconia sweet lady, that is not strange at all. This is a subject that I generally stear clear of for the obvious reasons. Protect yourself and your children at all costs. No matter what your personal views on arms control are, it is better to find a would be armed burglar/rapist/murderer dead on your living room floor, than to find you and your children brutally raped and murdered because you couldn't protect yourselves.
Old 03-07-2001, 03:25 PM   #62
Draconia

Amen to that The.Relic. My thoughts exactly. A big SMOOCH for you and a really big HUG for you
Moridin- I took the curiousity of guns away from my kids. They are not curious about them because of the ways that we teach them about guns. There will be no "tragedies" in my house. I am sure of that. Especially when other kids that come around that have not been taught like my kids, the room the guns are in gets locked up. The key is carried on me and I still keep an eye on that door. I understand what you are trying to say and what you mean by your mistake. To my kids, guns are a part of our life and I have made sure that they are extremely careful around them. It is something that is stressed everytime a gun is brought out.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 03-07-2001, 03:26 PM   #63
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hi Draconia, like Relic said stay safe. I hope you have the trigger locks. A .357 eh? I shot a Dan Wesson 357 that I swear I could hit anything with. Best pistol I ever used. I have a Ruger Mini-14 but havent shot it much. Cant seem to find magazines worth a damn.
Old 03-07-2001, 03:34 PM   #64
Draconia

Thanks for the well wishes, Lord of Alcohol. Yes, we have trigger locks on our guns. Plus, I don't keep them loaded and the ammo is not with the gun. My .357 is a great pistol. I hit everything with it too. It is a very accurate gun. It is a Ruger Vaquero .357 Magnum. I love it. Plus it is a pretty gun. If you want some help in finding some good magazines for your gun, let me know. I am sure that my husband can find some for you. He is great at being able to find some good stuff.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 03-07-2001, 03:37 PM   #65
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

The.Relic, you said it! And, as I said before, people kill people, not guns. Had the kid who shot his school-mates not been able to get the gun, he would have found another way... Maybe it is the parents fault in a way (doesn't a kid who's about to go on a mudering rampage show some other signs?) Moridan, I see your point ( I had a very simalar fire 'lesson' as a youngster), but the shooting is very far removed from an 'accident'. I do think it's a good idea to teach our kids the reality of death and killing... They will be exposed to violence at every turn and must understand the difference between reality and fiction. My son and his little friends started beating eachother up when this whole Pokemon thing started... There were some punishments (including the first/only spanking he's ever had in his life) and he came to understand whomping on someone is way uncool, even in play (I challenge any parent out there to keep your kids away from Pokemon! Unless you never let them leave the house, that is! ) (Thank bilqis, I always look for your posts too!)

------------------
Old 03-07-2001, 04:44 PM   #66
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Draconia, if your husband has any input it would help. I have 3 30 round magazines and 3 40's. They suck. Keep jamming. If he knows of a reliable magazine I'd be grateful
Old 03-07-2001, 05:10 PM   #67
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Draconia:
It was like I said above, I was shocked and I just felt that maybe it would be easier to just keep my mouth shut and just lurk for awhile.

Draconia: Please, always say what you believe, and know, and share your opinions. Never "just keep your mouth shut & lurk" because you're worried about how people will react or think about you. I think everyone here has shown again & again how kind & supportive they are. You are an interesting person!

------------------

Having abandoned my search for truth, I am now looking for a good Fantasy.
Old 03-07-2001, 05:29 PM   #68
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Draconia - Please be yourself here. Nobody will hold it against you. I remember when I first came to the board a few months ago, I was a bit shy and kept it simple and friendly. And I also remember Cloudbringer being the same way! As time went by though, I think we both realized that everyone here was so friendly and supportive that we could be ourselves. Everyone has a different opinion about certain things. That is what makes humanity interesting. I am really glad to see you posting more often my fellow dragon collector!

------------------
Old 03-08-2001, 03:52 PM   #69
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LadyZekke is right, Draconia. I came in, tested the waters and decided they were just fine - so jumped in feet first! No, it isn't always easy to give an opinion that isn't the "popular" one, but it's honest. I like to see that. We can't learn if we only voice the opinons others want to hear. We aren't true to ourselves and are unfair to our listeners. I don't agree with everyone or everything I see here or anywhere else. If I feel strongly enough about it, I post, if not I post my light-spam-chat and am a happy StormQueen.

I read your posts in that thread and they were just fine. Hey, if I could post on a religious subject not long after I got here, and nobody out and out flamed me (no, I don't think they all agreed with me, either!), then it's ok for anyone to give a reasoned and non-inflammatory opinon on controversial subjects. Go for it!

I know those serious subjects take a lot of thought and energy. I'm not always up for the process, but we should always feel welcome to do it if we choose to expend the energy!

Cloudbringer

------------------
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 03-08-2001, 04:50 PM   #70
Tobbin
Red Dragon

LadyRae: Sorry that you couldn't email me the pictures. I appreciate the gesture though. Been going through a lot these past couple of days, but I think things have straightened out somewhat.

EVERYONE: I'd like to personally apologize to everyone for my rant about spamming. I guess I was on my last nerve and I let it out in here and I truly am sorry for doing that. I'm even guiltier than everyone else about spamming, so for me to go off on everyone, that was wrong. I'll try to remember not to do that again.

DRACONIA: I don't know if you saw your pic disappear in a flurry, but I want you to know that it wasn't my doing. Tripod got mad at me for putting up the pics and they pulled the plug on my homepage. Too bad too cause I was promoting them. Ah well. I've gone back to AOL, so you can find your pic here:

Ladyzekke: Thank you for understanding. Thank you for being such a good friend. Your email came at a time when I was at my lowest (as always) and helped to bring a smile to my face. If anyone can define a True Friend, I believe it would bear your look. You can't know how much it meant to me.

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL