Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 10:32 PM   #21
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Quite frankly, I'm thinking the Oblivion section didn't have life is because of the quest compass and/or the fast travel feature. With it, noone got completely and utterly lost, they could either follow the compass, or teleport to a city...

With the compass, Noone got completely stumped, and thus the forum wasn't plagued with, "How do I get to the end of this dungeon?!?!?!?!"
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:10 PM   #22
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

No more mood to post as pc gaming is dead.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:37 PM   #23
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
That's true, but all the big names haven't brought what everyone expected them to bring. Compared with Morrowind, i think Oblivion lacks a few things here and there, Morrowind has much more depth in the storyline, and the whole world had a mysterious feel to it, i miss that in Oblivion. Same goed for NWN2 more or less. I think i finished NWN at least a half dozen times, i don't think NWN2 has he same replayability as NWN, but that's just my 2 cents.

Maybe a new Baldurs Gate could breathe new life into things, but i doubt there will ever be one. They don't make games of a Baldurs Gate and Torment caliber anymore. I hope i'm wrong, but i think we have the best in RPG's behind us.
I agree. PC games are an unfortunate victim of greed. This is why we have half-finished products released, because they know that via the standard modem a computer comes with, it can be later patched in. Nowadays it's worse (i know we've all seen it together here on these forums). They don't just leave bugs to patch in but also content! That's it, leave a game half done and patch the rest of it in. Usually you see core things in the very first patch (like classes or spells) which is always a warning sign. With consoles they have to be tested more thoroughly since most don't use internet connections and the players would simply demand a refund.

We are getting the short end of the stick, simply because PC's have internet access so assumptions are made and release dates are pushed. It is of course bad form to treat your customers this way, and can only lose you more money that it gains in the long run but if it isn't against the law you can sure they will continue to do so.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:41 PM   #24
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Sadly, such is life in the corporate world.

If only we could return to the golden age of RPGs.

I haven't been keeping much tabs anymore, but it's possible Dragon Age, by Bioware, might break the pattern Spiritwarrior suggested.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:08 AM   #25
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
No more mood to post as pc gaming is dead.
Maybe to you, but its still going strong in the rest of the world.

Granted, PC games are becoming much less popular with the range of consoles out there, but this forum isn't just for PC gaming

[ 12-05-2006, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: Hivetyrant ]
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:18 AM   #26
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

I've been gone for awhile cus a fire fried my computer, but im workin on my 5th or 6th post in only 30 min.
Few questions though, whats the Hicks thread, and new site implements?
Oh, here's number 12 maybe, "Ironworkers are having more sex, with themselves"
Old 12-05-2006, 03:07 AM   #27
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Albromor:
quote:
To add one to the list....A lot of the regulars are not posting anymore, because they aren't here anymore to begin with/lost interest/went into lurkmode/found another place to hang their hat.

Who's to blame for that ? The RPG gamingindustry isn't booming anymore, simple.
Couldn't say it better, johnny, my thoughts exactly. The last really major RPG that gave consistent buzz was BG2 and you can make the argument, to some degree, NWN1, but a lot of NWN posting is done over at the Bioware boards.

Plus, if you notice in any forum that has been around for some time a community forms within the broader community and I believe the majority move on if they don't "connect."
[/QUOTE]That about sums up why you never see me anymore.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:26 AM   #28
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Balintherlas:
I've been gone for awhile cus a fire fried my computer, but im workin on my 5th or 6th post in only 30 min.
Few questions though, whats the Hicks thread, and new site implements?
Oh, here's number 12 maybe, "Ironworkers are having more sex, with themselves"
The Hicks thread is in the Current Events section in case you're interested.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:47 PM   #29
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
quote:
Originally posted by Albromor:
quote:
To add one to the list....A lot of the regulars are not posting anymore, because they aren't here anymore to begin with/lost interest/went into lurkmode/found another place to hang their hat.

Who's to blame for that ? The RPG gamingindustry isn't booming anymore, simple.
Couldn't say it better, johnny, my thoughts exactly. The last really major RPG that gave consistent buzz was BG2 and you can make the argument, to some degree, NWN1, but a lot of NWN posting is done over at the Bioware boards.

Plus, if you notice in any forum that has been around for some time a community forms within the broader community and I believe the majority move on if they don't "connect."
[/QUOTE]That about sums up why you never see me anymore.
[/QUOTE]I understand, Nanobyte. Again,given enough time the community within a community forms. I think it is the nature of the beast.

And, again, since BG2 there hasn't neen an RPG that brings diversity and interest since.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:57 PM   #30
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

I don't post half as much as i used to when I played bg2. I still lurk and post on occassion, but a thread has to really grab my attention. Also, CE is quiet as well, I used to post there a fair amount.
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote