Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2002, 11:25 AM   #1
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

I saw on MSNBC that a group in Britain was calling for an Internet Free day... So raise your hand, those of you that are going to join in! (Sir Taliesin promptly sits on his hands)
Old 01-27-2002, 11:29 AM   #2
Lord Shield

Unfortuantely there are a lot of ****-free days in Brits related to all sorts. I refuse to acknowledge them. I will not let complete strangers tell me what I can and cannot do in my own time

And if they make the British ISPs co-operate, tough. My primary one's not British

Old 01-27-2002, 12:46 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
Unfortuantely there are a lot of ****-free days in Brits related to all sorts. I refuse to acknowledge them. I will not let complete strangers tell me what I can and cannot do in my own time

And if they make the British ISPs co-operate, tough. My primary one's not British

Tell 'em to start a "Breath-Free" day. For one day, 24 hours, they are compelled to NOT breathe so as to stop polluting up the planet with their stinking breath. THAT should knock them cold!

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 01-27-2002, 12:48 PM   #4
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

Tell 'em to start a "Breath-Free" day. For one day, 24 hours, they are compelled to NOT breathe so as to stop polluting up the planet with their stinking breath. THAT should knock them cold!

Well, it would certainly raise the average IQ of the planet by a lot, all those stupid enough to do it would be gone [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2002, 12:49 PM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

ROTFLMAO Saz!!! Hehe

Well I could easily take a day off from the Internet (or more...) but I don't see the need for people to collectively boycot the net for a day! I mean what's their motivation? That the Internet is bad for you and we should all use the net-free day for nice, RL communication? Oh please... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2002, 12:50 PM   #6
Lord Shield

That would certainly separate the Sheep from the Wolves! I vote in favour of breath-free day

Old 01-27-2002, 12:55 PM   #7
Durwyn
Elminster

Yeah I heard about lots of this stuff. Russian Internet companies hold same thing. Even American services in Russia hold same things. Gotta tell ye about Russia and its Internet hehe, the only time 90% of people in Russia go online is after 12:00 AM (Night) because the rate is cheaper then, and still quite expensive to an averege Russian family. Ehhh sucks, I remember those bad days .
Old 01-27-2002, 12:57 PM   #8
Lord Shield

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Well I could easily take a day off from the Internet (or more...) but I don't see the need for people to collectively boycot the net for a day! I mean what's their motivation? That the Internet is bad for you and we should all use the net-free day for nice, RL communication? Oh please... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Their motivation is THEY'RE right and everybody else that thinks different is wrong. I'd love to see the guy that tried to make me come off the net if I didn't want to

In fact I would deliberately log on just to spite them, more than likely

Old 01-27-2002, 07:03 PM   #9
andrewas
Harper

Trust me, you _woudnt_ like to see a guy that tried to make me come off the net when i didnt want to.

Still, the Political-halfwits etc will keep (trying) to enforce these things on us. With the exception of no-smoking week (when I can see all the way across the living room) there all a waste of time.

No-breath day sounds like fun.