Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2001, 04:31 PM   #71
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
You should have read everything you were quoting then and removed the paragraph that did not pertain to what you were supporting.
You are correct, and I apologize. I should have deleted the first paragraph. Althou insulting my reading comprehension isn't necessary. I did read it, I'm just a bit tired and forgot to delete it.

Quote:

No you have not "personally" attacked me but arguing my point of view about our president on a day like to day is beyond being uncalled for.
And bashing the president in the midst of a crisis *is* called for?

Quote:

If you would bend over backwards to support Clinton or Gore when you despise them, that is your weakness. I don't have to be that way.

I dont consider it weakness. I consider it dealing with an external threat and standing behind the duly elected govt officials.

Quote:
Originally posted by Khan:Why do defend Bush so much? Is he a friend of yours? You make it sound as if we have no choice but to rally around him...I for one am more worried about the ppl that lost their mothers and fathers and children...then what someone thinks about Mr. Bush. Evidently that is not the case with you. Why is that?
I've stated repeatedly that I'm only defending Bush in the context that he is the President. Not him personally. Yes, I voted for him, and I support him for numerous reasons that have nothing to do with today, but, that has nothing to do with this debate.

So...insinuating I dont care about the dead and dying is somehow supposed to win you points? Hmmm...I'm not sure whether to be insulted or amused. Actually, I believe I'm sickened. That's a rather horrid ploy Khan. I was panic stricken when I first heard what was going on. One of the first things I did was get ahold of Cloudy, and one of the next things was asking about Yorick. I've already made arrangements to give blood at my local Red Cross, and been in contact with my Congressman to find out where to send donations. So...Your insinuations are as specious as your arguements. Please take your venom elsewhere.

------------------
"That looks pretty fatal. I think you have to return to the Character generation section."
One player to another
Old 09-11-2001, 04:38 PM   #72
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Magik, Milamber...thanks

250...Thanks as well. As for my handle, its actually German. It translates as Night(Nacht) Raven(Rafe). I used to be in an historical recreation group called the SCA. I went by the name Raven. When I got online I used that name, but it was too common. I changed it to Night Raven. Still too common. So I translated it to German, and used an Archaic spelling of Raven(Modern German is Rabe).

------------------
"That looks pretty fatal. I think you have to return to the Character generation section."
One player to another
Old 09-11-2001, 04:45 PM   #73
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:
And bashing the president in the midst of a crisis *is* called for?
Apology accepted for one but for another, where in this thread did I ever bash the president until a couple of posts ago I where asked MajiK not to confuse a dislike of idiocy for venomous hatred?!

You really need to pay attention to what you accuse people of and where.
All I did in this thread that got me into any trouble (before you got here) was to say I thought it was OK for Avatar to try to keep the atmosphere here on a lighter note. There was no Bush-bashing involved, only the defense of another member's point of view.

If I refuse to respond to your future posts will you continue to keep acuusing me of untruths?

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-11-2001, 04:53 PM   #74
MagiK

To anyone who cares, I did sort of bring in my thoughts of Moni's posts on other threads when I asked her about her reasons for hating GW.. it wasnt just based on things from this thread, which really wasn't fair to her I guess.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-11-2001, 05:00 PM   #75
KHaN
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
This thread is about the president, not the children, mothers and fathers. There are two other threads about those who are lost. That is why he is not mentioning them. Just because he is staying on topic, it doesn't mean that he is placing importance on one more then another. Saying that he thinks the president is more important then the lost mothers and children is an assumption that you made, not him. Your point has no validity.

Also, Nachtrafe has clearly stated that he is not defending Bush, he is defending the President of the United States. He is paying respect to the title not the man. That point is invalid as well.

Really? So Bush isn't the President of the United States? It's interesting that my post was almost a mirror to MagiK's post making a personal attack against Moni...why didn't you defend her against his attack? I think you are takeing sides because you are part of the Moni bashing clique that seems to get their jollies out of twisting what she says to mean something else completely. Why don't you all grow up? Get off her back...and mine. Go outside and do something constructive for once. LOL

------------------

"Heads are gonna roll..."
Old 09-11-2001, 05:02 PM   #76
MagiK

Kahn...what attack against Moni?? I made an admonishment to her that I thought she were old enough to know better..that is NOT an attack. You need to be more precise with your semantics. I also asked her a question, which is also not an attack...Maybe your definition of attack is different from mine....

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

[This message has been edited by MagiK (edited 09-11-2001).]

Old 09-11-2001, 05:16 PM   #77
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by KHaN:
Really? So Bush isn't the President of the United States? It's interesting that my post was almost a mirror to MagiK's post making a personal attack against Moni...why didn't you defend her against his attack? I think you are takeing sides because you are part of the Moni bashing clique that seems to get their jollies out of twisting what she says to mean something else completely. Why don't you all grow up? Get off her back...and mine. Go outside and do something constructive for once. LOL

LOL!!! A conspiracy theorist! Watch out, we're all after you!

What does Bush being the president have to do with my post? Did you think I thought he wasn't the president? I have been maintaining very consistantly throughout my posts that he is the president and I don't intend to change my stance there no matter how much pressure you put on me. Sorry if that troubles you.

Your post was a mirror to nothing. Magik had posted nothing nearly like what you did. To my knowledge, you are the first one to bring up the innocent kids in the presidential thread which is the point I was trying to make. You jumped to the conclusion that Nachtrafe was placing value on the Bush more then the innocent kids based on nothing more then the fact that he has been staying on topic throughout the thread.

You think I am one of the secretive Moni bashers? If you look a few posts above, you will notice that we understand eachother now. If I was a "Moni Basher" would I have tried to clarify to make sure we understood eachother and to make sure that she understood I wasn't trying to insult her? I don't think so. I have the utmost respect for Moni, and who the hell are you to suggest differently? I don't even know you, so I strongly resent you coming here to try and tell me what's on my mind and what my intentions are towards others. You forget yourself.

Lastly on twisting words. Would you consider it twisting words to try and insinuate that Nachtrafe thinks that President Bush is more important then the innocent killed kids and women just beause he isn't talking about the kids and women in this thread? No, wait, I'm sorry, that isn't twisting words around, that's fabrication of words, an area you seem to have more expertise in then I.

You know? I think I've said enough. Maybe I'll go outside and do something constructive for once. Do you even know what I do for a living? LOL!! You are too much! You don't know me, yet you presume so much about my life and lifestyle. Well, whatever.

For the record, I have no problem with Moni or her beliefs whatsoever. I believe that was made clear earlier. I think maybe you should stay out of it there chief.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB

[This message has been edited by MILAMBER (edited 09-11-2001).]
Old 09-11-2001, 05:18 PM   #78
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Apology accepted for one but for another, where in this thread did I ever bash the president until a couple of posts ago I where asked MajiK not to confuse a dislike of idiocy for venomous hatred?!

You really need to pay attention to what you accuse people of and where.
All I did in this thread that got me into any trouble (before you got here) was to say I thought it was OK for Avatar to try to keep the atmosphere here on a lighter note. There was no Bush-bashing involved, only the defense of another member's point of view.

If I refuse to respond to your future posts will you continue to keep acuusing me of untruths?

I didn't say *you* were bashing Bush. Although, on a couple of other threads, you were. I was, again, referring to the thread at large, and trying to return to the point of our arguement.

Your last point is really rather invalid. I have been responding, on a point by point basis to your threads. And I am quoting you most of the time. So in what way am I accusing you of untruths. I am using *your* words. If they are untrue, that sort of invalidates your posts.

------------------
One player to another
Old 09-11-2001, 05:25 PM   #79
skywalker
Banned User

Well, I don't like Bush either (common knowledge here). That is my business. I hope he does the right thing, because that is what's best for this country and just as important for this world.

You Go Bush! Make me proud of you! I would welcome it!

Mark
Old 09-11-2001, 05:27 PM   #80
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
At long last we agree on something my friend!! I knew this would happen one day. I just wish it could be under more enjoyable circumstances.

yeah! but it is hardly a thing worth celebrating right now