Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2001, 12:07 AM   #1
Cgrant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Have you ever sat there in the Inn, or been on the road, and suddenly realized you were sick of looking at that picture of your lead character? Or any character, for that matter. Well, since I apparently don't really want to get back to work, I figured a way to change the picture. I don't know how to upload a BMP to here, but take my word for it--my lead character is now Marvin the Martian. This doesn't change the animated thingie on the left, only the picture on the right. What you do is: locate, in the directory called "Portrait" the one for your character, copy it to someplace safe, then use a program like PaintShopPro to make the substitution. Takes about a minute, no more. Makes for a livlier game, too.

I really, really need to get a life.

charlie
Cgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 12:25 AM   #2
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Hey, Charlie. Thanks, that's very funny and cool, too! I'm laughing just picturing six of my favorite cartoon char's running around the Gael Serran whackin' baddies, and exterminatin' the deranged domestic life. HAHAHA!! BTW, welcome to the best forum on the web!

+Dr.Pick
Dr.Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 12:31 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

ROTFL!!! I can just hear it: "Cet makes me verrry angry, VERRRY angry indeed!"

Really cool! You know, the Baldur's Gate people have several sites for customizing their portraits. Maybe we should start a portrait gallery for W&W as well.

The only thing, you know, is that it will change only on the pic on the icon, not on the model...you're still stuck with the model. Unfortunately, there's no way to change or customize that. But it's a neat concept for the icon pics.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 01:00 AM   #4
Cgrant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Actually, when a spell fizzles, what I hear is: "Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering kaboom!"

Next thing is to change my palladin to my hero, Daffy, so he can say to the villain, "You're ....... dissssspicable!"

Oh, yeah, I really gotta get a life. Or get back to work.

charlie
Old 08-13-2001, 11:23 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Cgrant!!!

Very funny!! Wonder if you should cross post that over into the Best Tips thread.

To display an image here on the forum you need to have someplace on the web that you can upload and store the image file. Then it is a simple code to call the image to display here using the UBB code [ img ] path to image [ /img ] (without the spaces in the code or path name).

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 12:32 PM   #6
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

If there's enough interest...

I have some room on my anonymous FTP server. I could create a sub-folder for portraits and provide information on uploading (for those with an FTP client) and downloading (for those either with or without an FTP client).

This is what it looks like now:

HTTP
FTP

Please let me know.

Xignal

[This message has been edited by Xignal (edited 08-13-2001).]
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 01:20 AM   #7
Cgrant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Y'know, I'm thinking, for those lonely nights at sea, maybe I could remake my female paladin into Betty Page. Sexist, sure, but let's face it--lonely nights are lonely nights.

And if I turn Marvin into a Monk, then he becomes Marvin the Martian Monk.

this game is driving me nuts.

charlie