Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2003, 11:56 AM   #1
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Just got out of Irenicus Dungeon with my undead hunter which I rolled some rather insane stats for:
Strength - 18/??
Dexterity - 18
Constitution - 18
intelligence - 10
wisdom - 13
charisma - 17

So thats a total of 94 if my maths is correct. What's the highest stats you have ever rolled? I'm interested to see if anyone has beaten this amount.
Old 05-24-2003, 12:16 PM   #2
Faceman
Hathor

94 is what I rolled for my Troll-killing Stalker too recently. Personally I don't bother to reroll for anything higher than 88 but sometimes miracolous things happen.
I believe that rolling high scores is easier with some classes (like the Paladin) as they have their minimums set rather high in different abilities so they won't drop beyond 13 (or even 17 for charisma).
As for my Stalker I have made up a nice story for her Biography as a Trollkiller (called her Shahun Trollbane) not compatible with the BG-plot (Gorion etc.) of course as she was a multi-player char.

The daughter of a human mother and her unknown elven lover she supposedly encountered on a romantic walk through the woods was abandoned in the woods by her mother at an arly age when the origin of the child could not be longer kept secret.
When apprehended by a troll who smelled a decent meal Shahun immediately hid and managed to knock out the troll with a rock making use of the surprise element. However when the small child saw the horrendous abomination of nature lying there in its non-dead state she got sick. This not very surprising reaction saved her life as the acid from her puke effectively killed the Troll she was vomiting on. That was too much for the infant who passed out and was found like this by the Ranger of the forest. As the mother could not (and obviously did not want to) be found he raised her to become a champion among those who walk in the forests. Inspired by the story that led to her rescue Shahun quickly became the nightmare of every Troll in the Realm.
After driving the last troll from the forest she grew up in she finally left her foster father at the age of 17 to seek out adventure and bring down even more of the monsters other adventurers tend to avoid.

I now think of adding an innate ability (Shadowkeeper) like burning Hands or the like to make her able to kill Trolls at any time (even if no weapon is available). What would you suggest? Is it possible to add sorcerer-like wizard spells to a Stalker with Shadowkeeper if I don't manage to do it with the innate?

[ 05-24-2003, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: Faceman ]
Old 05-24-2003, 02:30 PM   #3
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

94 for my Cavalier. The second closest is 91.
Old 05-24-2003, 03:11 PM   #4
IronDragon
Elminster

Highest ever was 96 for an Inquisitor.
Old 05-24-2003, 04:02 PM   #5
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

96 for my BG1 character who was a rather sexy fighter.

By the end of Soa, he had 129 points. Yes, that is every stat 20 or above. Getting stats that high exploits one bug, otherwise it'd be around 110 points.
Old 05-24-2003, 04:03 PM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

No if he would be Barbarian...SEESH!!!That is a lot of HP`s
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 12:47 AM   #7
masteraleph
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace De'Briago:
96 for my BG1 character who was a rather sexy fighter.

By the end of Soa, he had 129 points. Yes, that is every stat 20 or above. Getting stats that high exploits one bug, otherwise it'd be around 110 points.
Lemme guess...I won't say what it was, but it uses the "warping" feature that certain stuff has (a different example would be a nishruu "warping" your 1 charged item to 65,000 charges). Involves a magical acoutrement found Athkatla and the proverbial ugly stick, right?

Besides that...eh...lemme see here. +8 from the tomes in BG1 would be a good start on figuring out where you got all the extra stats...
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 07:57 AM   #8
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by masteraleph:
Involves a magical acoutrement found Athkatla and the proverbial ugly stick, right?
Indeed
Old 05-25-2003, 08:38 AM   #9
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:
94 is what I rolled for my Troll-killing Stalker too recently. Personally I don't bother to reroll for anything higher than 88 but sometimes miracolous things happen.
I believe that rolling high scores is easier with some classes (like the Paladin) as they have their minimums set rather high in different abilities so they won't drop beyond 13 (or even 17 for charisma).
As for my Stalker I have made up a nice story for her Biography as a Trollkiller (called her Shahun Trollbane) not compatible with the BG-plot (Gorion etc.) of course as she was a multi-player char.

The daughter of a human mother and her unknown elven lover she supposedly encountered on a romantic walk through the woods was abandoned in the woods by her mother at an arly age when the origin of the child could not be longer kept secret.
When apprehended by a troll who smelled a decent meal Shahun immediately hid and managed to knock out the troll with a rock making use of the surprise element. However when the small child saw the horrendous abomination of nature lying there in its non-dead state she got sick. This not very surprising reaction saved her life as the acid from her puke effectively killed the Troll she was vomiting on. That was too much for the infant who passed out and was found like this by the Ranger of the forest. As the mother could not (and obviously did not want to) be found he raised her to become a champion among those who walk in the forests. Inspired by the story that led to her rescue Shahun quickly became the nightmare of every Troll in the Realm.
After driving the last troll from the forest she grew up in she finally left her foster father at the age of 17 to seek out adventure and bring down even more of the monsters other adventurers tend to avoid.

I now think of adding an innate ability (Shadowkeeper) like burning Hands or the like to make her able to kill Trolls at any time (even if no weapon is available). What would you suggest? Is it possible to add sorcerer-like wizard spells to a Stalker with Shadowkeeper if I don't manage to do it with the innate?
That's a nice story for your stalker Faceman! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

I don't use any mods or shadowkeeper so I'm not an expert but I'm sure it would be possible to add a special ability to your stalker to cast burning hands. I'm not sure if shadowkeeper would do it you may need another program. But I'm sure someone with more savvy in this area could help you add this ability to your stalker, anyone?
Old 05-25-2003, 11:25 AM   #10
Faceman
Hathor

Already found my solution. Gave her Mimic Acid as innate Ability. It's perfect as a last resort for killing trolls and can't be abused as it has ridicolously long casting time. Also it is consistent with her biography to have an innate acid ability.