Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2001, 09:06 AM   #1
Gray Mage
Banned User

Ok I just got this cool ability, I can transform into a slayer at will once a day. I was getting my arse kicked in the underdark dwarf village and was going to try. When I went to change into it it gave me a warning that I would lose part of myself. Does that refer to the dream w/Iomen??

Can sombody shine some light on this dilemma, Thanks.

------------------

Feel My Power

Arcane Adept of the OHF, "So let it be written, So let it be done"
Old 03-12-2001, 09:35 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Gray Mage:
Ok I just got this cool ability, I can transform into a slayer at will once a day. I was getting my arse kicked in the underdark dwarf village and was going to try. When I went to change into it it gave me a warning that I would lose part of myself. Does that refer to the dream w/Iomen??

Can sombody shine some light on this dilemma, Thanks.

Semi-Spoiler..................
The Pros: You can pretty much kick anyone's ass with your 25 strength and your 50% MR.

The Cons: You're really ugly-looking. I wouldn't stay in slayer form too long as the form is ... unstable. Plus you lose 2 rep points with each change. I'd hate to think of what could happen if that went down to zero.

Your choice.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-12-2001, 09:45 AM   #3
Gray Mage
Banned User

Thanks Memnoch, I was just worried that it was like a berserk mode where I just started killing my party. Or that I would lose CON, or some other attribute.

OK SLAYER here I come......Wooopeeee!!!!

------------------

Feel My Power

Old 03-12-2001, 09:52 AM   #4
Raistlin
Manshoon

As Memnoch said, one of the cons is that the form is unstable. While in slayer form you will notice that you take damage just by virtue of being in the form. I would suggest that if you are planning to stay in slayer form for most of a big battle that you stock him up with healing potions and ready your healers. The damage he sustains from this new ability can be pretty big. When i used this form I had the healers cast healing spells on him even if he was healthy at the begining of the round.

The pros- he can really kick some major ass. I used it in the mind flayer dungeon and he did almost all the work by himself.

------------------

Balance
Old 03-12-2001, 09:52 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Gray Mage:
Thanks Memnoch, I was just worried that it was like a berserk mode where I just started killing my party. Or that I would lose CON, or some other attribute.

OK SLAYER here I come......Wooopeeee!!!!

Well.....I wouldn't recommend having anyone stand TOO close to you when you change.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-12-2001, 09:59 AM   #6
Gray Mage
Banned User

I did notice that when I changed back after first getting the power that I did go down to 25% health. I guess that is a conas well
Thanks for your help.

------------------

Feel My Power

Old 03-12-2001, 10:09 AM   #7
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Spoiler ?
Well, I have personally only used the slayer form once to test it, as I have played a good-aligned party and roleplayingwise the whole point of the story is to fight and control your evil heritage.

When I tested him, though, I found him to be rather weak: he had significantly less hps than my pc in human form and was relatively easy to hit. He was no match for the rest of my party, well at least not like, for instance, the balor.
But I really have not enough experience with him to give you any advice if you want to use him extensively.

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts
Old 03-12-2001, 11:36 AM   #8
Gray Mage
Banned User

It's funny you mention the Balor, that is when I was thinking about using it. It took me about five re-loads, but I finally killed it.

------------------

Feel My Power

Old 03-12-2001, 12:26 PM   #9
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

By that, you mean five tries with the slayer against the balor ?

I have not looked it up in Infinity Explorer, but I think the balor has got higher resistances, at least 1.5 times the hps and above all his powerful magic. But then again, the slayer is "balanced" out to fight alongside your party and not all by himself, so he cannot be too powerful.

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts
Old 03-12-2001, 01:03 PM   #10
Gray Mage
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
By that, you mean five tries with the slayer against the balor ?

I have not looked it up in Infinity Explorer, but I think the balor has got higher resistances, at least 1.5 times the hps and above all his powerful magic. But then again, the slayer is "balanced" out to fight alongside your party and not all by himself, so he cannot be too powerful.

No slayer, I wanted to find out if I would lose any CON, of other points permanently before I became the slayer. So I just used the regular party, BTW where should I head to next.

------------------

Feel My Power