Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2002, 11:46 PM   #31
-vixen

SLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-08-2002, 12:23 AM   #32
Orion

Limp Bizkit has to be the biggest group of sellouts that there has ever been. I had their first cd when it first came out. I thought it was great. Their musci took a dramatic change for the wors after that, so yes they suck. System of Down is good, Mudvayne, Slipknot, and who could ever forget Nirvana and all the things they did for music. (Death of the hair bands) Not much worth listening to came out of the 80's.

Old 07-08-2002, 10:43 AM   #33
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

vixen this isnt a slayer thread [img]graemlins/superdude.gif[/img]
but i dont think its fair to call wes borland useless as the work on big dumb face is really inventive
Old 07-08-2002, 05:24 PM   #34
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

I like the newer bands the Most.

Puddle Of Mudd they are the best. I may hate Fred Durst but at least he did one good thing to this world. He brought Puddle of Mudd together.

And Linkin Park now they are the Shitznit. And same with Alein Ant Farm.
Old 07-08-2002, 07:21 PM   #35
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Loumistro:

Puddle Of Mudd they are the best. I may hate Fred Durst but at least he did one good thing to this world. He brought Puddle of Mudd together.
Actually, that's exactly the worst thing Fred Durst ever did, expose the horrible mediocrity and unoriginality that is called Puddle of Mudd to the world...

[ 07-08-2002, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 07-08-2002, 07:41 PM   #36
Grojlach
Zartan

As for Limp Bizkit: talking from a purely neutral musical perspective, they have their good and bad songs. There are many worse bands in this so called "nu metal" genre, but since it's "cool" to hate Limp Bizkit, they get most of the criticism... And, granted, they turned their music into a marketing product, you'll get no argument from me over that. But that goes for most of the bands people have mentioned in this thread as "their really cool favourite nu metal band!", and ironically enough, they just don't want to see that.

But is music really about the marketing? Just like the music for what it is, make a judgement based on the music itself, and try not to talk from the "cool" image you're trying to take. If you don't like the music, that's fine. Just try and explain why, with arguments based on the music. Not purely based on the "fact" that Durst is a sell-out or similar. And a statement like "it sucks" without any explanation is saying more about you than it does about Limp Bizkit. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 07-08-2002, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 07-08-2002, 07:44 PM   #37
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
quote:
Originally posted by Loumistro:

Actually, that's exactly the worst thing Fred Durst ever did, expose the horrible mediocrity and unoriginality that is called Puddle of Mudd to the world...[/QUOTE]oh, that reminds me of one really wierd thing! When I was a Bizkit fan, I joined the Limp Bizkit email news thingy. Since i read my mail rarely, i have yet to "unjoin" it. anyway, for the last 6 months, ALL of the emails contain stuff about Puddle Of Mudd! I know they`re advertising it but that is just redicolous!!