Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2001, 05:01 PM   #1
Talos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just started playing this game yesterday and already my eyes are killing me. The picture is extremely dark - like it's nighttime all the time. I can't hardly make out the walls until I'm right up on them - is this normal? Is there some sort of setting within the game that I can change? I've already set the resolution and everything on hi and max - no change. My monitors brightness is up all the way and I still can't see anything. HELP!

PS Maybe that's the reason why I still can't find that darn lever in the crypt? I just can't see it LOL
Talos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 05:17 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Talos,

Open up the computer options (computer icon lower lefthand side of game screen) and enter the graphics settings - INCREASE your gamma setting. That will help.

Also, installing the patch will help as well, but you loose some of the "undocumented features" which only work in the unpatched version.

Twice today, I have tried to post a message welcoming you to the board, only to the the boards go down so WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 05:17 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Change your gamma setting in the game. Click the Options button (the little computer icon) on the bottom left of the screen, then click the "Graphics" button on the Options screen. Set gamma to desired level. (About 1/2 of the way tends to be good to keep the screen from appearing "washed out").

Also: if you're wandering around at night, get the Illuminate spell (3rd level Sun spell) as soon as you can. It also helps in dungeons.

If you want, you can download the patch for the game, which has a method for lightening the inside of dungeons. I don't know if that works for outdoors, though.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 06:03 PM   #4
Talos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks a lot, guys. I've also adjusted the 3D gamma settings on my video card...I can see clear as a bell even in the dungeons now. Wow. Found the lever under water - am still searching for the first one though LOL Go figure.

Thanks for the welcome - glad to be here
Talos is offline   Reply With Quote