Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2002, 02:00 PM   #1
Firim Silraven
Dungeon Master

I read on another forum that someone is writing a screenplay for a BG trilogy of movies, based on the games. This person isn't a major screenplay writer so don't get too excited. I was wondering how many people would like a film, and if so, how would you do it? Who would you cast?

Rather than movies, I'd have a TV series, because then the side quests could be featured, and more of the NPC's. I know many of the actors I'm about to name wouldn't be in TV, but here's some people I'd like playing characters. (BTW, I haven't played BG1 so I dn't know any NPC's that weren't in BG2)
Minsc - Arnold Vosloo (The Mummy), Irenicus - Jeremy Irons, Alan Rickman or Tim Curry (the three best evil actors in the world), Viconia - Anna Kournikova (OK, not an actress, but I think she could be great), Jaheira - Hmm, Nastassja Kinski?, Valygar - Denzel Washington, Aerie - Mena Suvari or Jelena Dokic (they both look like elves. Well I think so anyway), Cernd - Nicolas Cage? (the most boring actor ever), Imoen - Sarah Michelle Gellar? Not sure about that, Yoshimo - ? I can't think of anyone else to play anyone else. Any ideas?
Old 08-30-2002, 02:09 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

I think that unless you actualy got a very good director they could turn out to be contenders for "Worst Movie of All Time". And if they name the protagonist "Abdel" I will not be impressed at all.

Suppose it would be *possible* to make a good film, but I cant see it happening.
Old 08-30-2002, 02:23 PM   #3
PAPS
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yoshimo = Jet Li or Jackie Chan (ha!!!)
PAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 02:48 PM   #4
Firim Silraven
Dungeon Master

Ok, Imoen just came to me - Victoria Shalet. Who? A young English actress (The Queen's Nose, The Vice, The Affair Of The Necklace). Oh, and by the way, when i said Anna K for Viconia, yes I meant wearing grey make-up and hair dye.
Old 08-30-2002, 03:19 PM   #5
philip
Galvatron

Only if the director can make a real good movie. I'd like to see something like the LotR, that was a great movie. But if it's like the D&D movie (with bad reviews etc., I haven't seen (so I'm not sayinng it's bad) it yet but I'm going to see it ASAP)
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 04:18 PM   #6
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hasn't this been done to AFTER LIFE by now? Aw well, I love it every time.
*Hey, Sean Connery for Keldorn, right?
*What about a female main char?
*Jim Carrey for Gaelen Bayle or Saemon Harvarian
Old 08-30-2002, 05:03 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I'd like to take this moment to point out that a Female main character means lots of dialogue with Anomen.

Sean Connery is obviously Keldorn.
Nalia--Drew Barrymore
Jan Jansen--Danny DeVito or Woody Allen
Valygar (face)--Laurence Fishburne
Valygar (acting range)--Keanu Reeves
Jon Irenicus (face)--who cares, as long as:
Jon Irenicus (voice)--David Warner
Old 08-30-2002, 05:15 PM   #8
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by philip:
Only if the director can make a real good movie. I'd like to see something like the LotR, that was a great movie. But if it's like the D&D movie (with bad reviews etc., I haven't seen (so I'm not sayinng it's bad) it yet but I'm going to see it ASAP)
It WAS bad!
I dunno....I can kind of see Kirsten Dunst as making a good Nalia-ie whiny little spoilt girl....

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 05:17 PM   #9
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
I'd like to take this moment to point out that a Female main character means lots of dialogue with Anomen.

Sean Connery is obviously Keldorn.
Nalia--Drew Barrymore
Jan Jansen--Danny DeVito or Woody Allen
Valygar (face)--Laurence Fishburne
Valygar (acting range)--Keanu Reeves
Jon Irenicus (face)--who cares, as long as:
Jon Irenicus (voice)--David Warner
Y do I have to keep saying this? DAVID WARNER ISN'T IRENICUS' VOICE IN THE GAME, ONLY IN THE END MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, maybe that was a bnit harsh but everyone doesn't bother to read the read-me for the full details! *goes and smashes her haed against a wall*

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 05:25 PM   #10
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Not if the director has the kelsey patch. And if theres any justice Anomen woudnt be *quite* so annoying in the film.