Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 05:21 PM   #1
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Space MMO? Anybody? I'm considering trying it out, it costs the same as WOW, which tons of my other friends seem to enjoy...

I'd like to know how awesome it is before I try and play it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:16 AM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I tried it, in my opinion its boring as hell. Granted I only played it a week. Some like it, just my opinion. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 04:23 AM   #3
StigTC

I play EVE, and yes it can be boring.
The thing about EVE is that you can't just sit down and play 15 minutes like you can in other MMOs. All things in EVE takes time, and unless you can take the time out of your schedule to sit down and actually play, then the game probably isn't for you.
On the opposite side you have the fact that EVE is the only game, that I know of, that can cause intense heartbeating and handshaking from the PvP and once you've tried EVE PvP nothing in other games come close.
But the real selling point to EVE is the fact that everything is on one server, makes for some nice butterfly effects occationally. That also means that you can make a name for yourself and not have it limited to the few people that happen to play on that server, when you do something grand in EVE, everyone knows.

[ 12-12-2005, 04:25 AM: Message edited by: StigTC ]
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 08:07 AM   #4
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

There's a 14 day free trial, isn't there?
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:59 AM   #5
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Probably, but regardless, I really can't start playing, even with a trial, until January...winter break here at the university means condemning me to dialup at home...which, I pay for regularly...thinkin' I may drop that for a while, and pay for EVE, which would pretty much balance my checkbook...sad thing is, I'm not sure what I'll end up doing over summer break...

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:04 AM   #6
StigTC

Well you definitely shouldn't start playing until you have the time. EVE has a way of sucking in the people that like it. You might just find yourself getting up an hour or two early to change skills.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 06:19 PM   #7
Milanthir
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I found it incredibly difficult to get into because of the timesink - and I mean even compared to raids in WOW. Certainately not something you can do unless you have an absolutely insane amount of time, in my opinion.
Milanthir is offline   Reply With Quote