Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2001, 07:48 AM   #11
Melusine
Dracolisk

Not trying to spoil your party here Lavindathar , but I have a question ...

Ziroc, I can't help noticing that many many people post a new topic to celebrate every time they "go up in ranks".
I fail to see how this is less "spammy" than for example the Fluffy topic (I agree with you for closing it, because LS's remarks went way too far, but I don't see why the reason was "spam" rather than "dirty comments")
As some may have noticed, I am recently "promoted" to emerald dragon, however I did not post to say so... to me that's more spammish than most other posts here.

BTW Hmmm..I wonder if I coined any new words here... spammish, spammy

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-14-2001, 10:32 AM   #12
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

i spam, but rarely post a thread for it unless i really ask a question. hmm....

------------------

You know what happened. We are ONE, WE ARE, ahh.. er... I AM 'S favorite pet pea-cock...teehee and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...
Old 06-14-2001, 06:02 PM   #13
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Not trying to spoil your party here Lavindathar , but I have a question ...

Ziroc, I can't help noticing that many many people post a new topic to celebrate every time they "go up in ranks".
I fail to see how this is less "spammy" than for example the Fluffy topic (I agree with you for closing it, because LS's remarks went way too far, but I don't see why the reason was "spam" rather than "dirty comments")
As some may have noticed, I am recently "promoted" to emerald dragon, however I did not post to say so... to me that's more spammish than most other posts here.

BTW Hmmm..I wonder if I coined any new words here... spammish, spammy

Well I think I know why.Maybe we are different people,and I was just trying to have fun.If you don't like it,dont read it.That's all I can say.

Sorry if that sounds offensive,its just that I was having fun, and messing about.I can't help me being me,and this is what me wanted to do.

By the way,Congrats on becoming an Emerald Dragon.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Lavindathar (edited 06-14-2001).]
Old 06-14-2001, 06:04 PM   #14
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
If he whats to masterbate about stats thats his buisness.(hahah look at him this is the bitch behind his back session, wait anybody can read this dammit)

And my business it will stay.

------------------
Old 06-14-2001, 06:30 PM   #15
Melusine
Dracolisk

Lavindathar, it's all very well to say that if I don't like it I shouldn't read it, but the thing is, it takes up valuable server space and it is spam, which Ziro has asked not to post anymore.

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-14-2001, 07:21 PM   #16
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Lavindathar, it's all very well to say that if I don't like it I shouldn't read it, but the thing is, it takes up valuable server space and it is spam, which Ziro has asked not to post anymore.

I have a set of UBB boards,and I have never had to bother about space.In fact,my UBB boards are more modern than this,and therefore take up more space.Apart from there isn't as many members on it!!!

Aside from that,if the space was needed,all the older messages would be deleted.

Im not arguing,but I take note of your point and I wont post again.

At least one of us has to make a compromise,and I suppose i will do it,as I can see that you wont.

Goodbye.

------------------
Old 06-14-2001, 07:38 PM   #17
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
I have a set of UBB boards,and I have never had to bother about space.In fact,my UBB boards are more modern than this,and therefore take up more space.Apart from there isn't as many members on it!!!

Aside from that,if the space was needed,all the older messages would be deleted.

Im not arguing,but I take note of your point and I wont post again.

At least one of us has to make a compromise,and I suppose i will do it,as I can see that you wont.

Goodbye.

Sheesh. I am not particularly known for being so rigid, thank you very much. I am perfectly willing to make a compromise, but as a matter of fact I couldn't care less what kinds of posts you make. The reason why I posted the above messages is because I believe I was voicing Ziroc's intent and will by it.
Again, to me it's all the same, post what you want. Ziroc however has stated in other threads that server space is getting very limited and that spam will not be tolerated as much as it was used to. I for one would miss a lot of the posts from the old forum if they were to be deleted, and I prefer having them over having posts stating how many posts User X has.

Edit: why has my font gone all big? There must be an unclosed tag here but I can't seem to find it....sorry!

------------------

Your voice is ambrosia

[This message has been edited by Melusine (edited 06-14-2001).]
Old 06-14-2001, 08:04 PM   #18
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

How do you do it Mel! How do you get all those lovely large fonts?

There isn't a single HTML or UBB code in your speech!

PS: I've also noticed that your signature is the ONLY miracle that hasn't been deleted by Angelfire during this "no image linking" crisis.

You really are the Arch miracle.
(Perhaps they are.......no, no forget it)

It must be magic, yes it must be.
(Now, what did I lose this morning again? I seem to be losing things often around here - wonder who can it be? )

------------------
Old 06-15-2001, 01:46 PM   #19
Lavindathar
Harper

Well as i stated before,I wont post again.

------------------
Old 06-15-2001, 03:24 PM   #20
Psychedelic Buttafly
Zhentarim Guard

CONGRATUALATIONS!!!!!!1

------------------