Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2003, 12:56 PM   #1
Kiyatha
Dungeon Master

Okay, so I play as a thief, but the problem is... I don't know how to use the thiefprobe!!! Neither do I know how to pickpock from people, and killing is, I'm afraid, not a good solution. Also, if there is a lock that's on let's say locklevel 70, and I have a GRANDMASTERS LOCKPICK, shouldn't I be able to open the damn lock? Is there any other way to open the lock? Drinking a potion to be a masterthief for five seconds or so, as i BG?

PLEASE HELP, there's a lock I need to open!

/Kiyatha D'Annor
<br />Never Fear - Never Fall!<br /><br />\"Never let hate nor anger guide your way - it will only cloud your path.\" - Anonomous<br /><br />\"This world is too dangerous to live in. Not because of the people that does the bad things, but because of those that let them.\" - Albert Einsten
Kiyatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 12:58 PM   #2
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Um, wrong forum, go there:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...ubb=forum;f=20

Anyway, skill is the most important factor in Morrowind.

1. To picklock, you will need the lockpick skill and a lockpick. To defeat the lock of x number of difficulty, you must have the skill of x or higher. The quality of the lockpick will make it a little easier for you to pick the lock but the most important factor here is the Lockpick Skill

2. The probe is used to disarm traps, not to pick lock.

3. To pickpocket, you will need to sneak behind an NPC and then use the action key (spacebar) to steal.

[ 01-06-2003, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]
Old 01-06-2003, 01:05 PM   #3
Kiyatha
Dungeon Master

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

*kissiewissie*

/Kiyatha D'Annor
<br />Never Fear - Never Fall!<br /><br />\"Never let hate nor anger guide your way - it will only cloud your path.\" - Anonomous<br /><br />\"This world is too dangerous to live in. Not because of the people that does the bad things, but because of those that let them.\" - Albert Einsten
Old 01-06-2003, 01:15 PM   #4
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

No problem.
Old 01-06-2003, 03:27 PM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
If you are not leveled up high enough, you can't open some locks, not even with a masters lockpick. You need to find some locksplitter scrolls, that should do the trick, or keep practicing for a while until you can open the lock. 70 is not THAT high, especially not when your a thief.
Old 01-06-2003, 05:18 PM   #6
Aragorn The Wise
Manshoon

An easy way to enhance you security (the skill that determines how well you can pick locks) is too go to Vivec. In the house of Redoran (The Main Plaza) there is a Manor called the Dralor Manor. Go into it and up to the top there should be a female dark elf who is a noble. Sneak around her and in the drawers is a key. Don't worry about being caught... It's easy to run away once you have the key. Once you have the key go to the Treasury which is also in the plaza and go to the vaults. Raid the lower vault full of ebony and glass items. Use what you want and cell the rest to either Creep (Grorak Manor in Caldera) or the Talking mudcrab. Look at the post "Selling Items" to recieve directions to the talking mudcrab and a couple hints as well.

Also you must have a the governing aspect of your skill high as well. With secuirty you need intelligence. Just train up a little (The NPC's in the South Wall Conerclub can train you in Security and Sneak) Pretty soon you will be able to open lvl 50-80 locks with a master lockpick in a matter of a couple trys.
****SPOILER****

I added the spoiler warning just incase. I would hate to ruin the game for someone else.

In Ald Ruhn, in the fighter's guild is a lvl 80 locked door. Open and go to the chest for a nice little surprise. Also note no one seems to notice/care if you try to pick but save before hand just to be save.

Eh, this is a long post... If you have any questions just ask [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2003, 03:46 PM   #7
Kiyatha
Dungeon Master

Thanks for all the help guys!

/Kiyatha
Old 01-07-2003, 05:34 PM   #8
Kiyatha
Dungeon Master

By the way, could anyone tip me of where I can get mucho dineros and a ekash locksplitter spell or anything alike?

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2003, 05:45 PM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Kiyatha:
By the way, could anyone tip me of where I can get mucho dineros and a ekash locksplitter spell or anything alike?

Thanks!
You'll get mucho dineros when you can loot the three great houses treasure vaults in Vivec. So work on your sneak and lockpick skills, and you'll become rich.
Old 01-07-2003, 05:50 PM   #10
Aragorn The Wise
Manshoon

you can do what I said above in the other post at lvl 1 and come out with at least 150k in items alone