Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2001, 10:54 PM   #1
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hiya,

This is a new thread, but based on the idea of one I posted a few days back. I wanted to compare notes with others who have completed the game or had high ranking parties, so dust off those floppies and share your findings!

I'll start with my party from 2 years ago that is ready and waiting to dive into Wiz 8!

1. Male Faerie Ninja - Level 35 - HP 309
AC -17(-3), -21, -20, -20, 20, -17

Weapons: Cane of Corpus, Rod of Sprites
Armor: Ninja Garb (U), Ninja Garb (L), Tabi Boots, Blackbelt of 5 Flowers, Faerie Cap

2. Male Faerie Monk - Level 35 - HP 284
AC -1-4), -25, -24, -24, -19, -18

Weapons: Light Sword, Pandoras Wand
Armor: Robes of Enchant(U), Robes of Enchant(L), Displacer Cloak, Necromatic Helm (cursed but HIGH AC), Sandals

3. Male Elf Lord - Level 34 - HP 329
AC +6(-2), -3, -7, -7, -6, -8

Weapons: Excaliber
Armor: Plate Mail +3(U), Plate Mail +3(L), Bascinet & Camail, Mantis Gloves, Silver Solleret, Bracers of Defense

Male Rawulf Samurai - Level 33 - HP 243
AC +6(-2), +0, -6, -6, +3, +1

Weapons: Zatoichi Bo
Armor: Hi-Kane-Do(U), Hi-Kane-Do(L), Cuir Gauntlets, Buskins, Bracers of Defense, Kabuto

Male Felpurr Samurai - Level 32 - HP 256
AC +6(-2), +0, -6, +0, +3, +1

Weapons: Zatoichi Bo
Armor: Hi-Kane-Do(U), Do-Maru(L), Cuir Gauntlets, Buskins, Emerald Talisman, Kabuto

Female Gnome Valkyrie - Level 37 - HP 307
AC +4(-4), -8, -10, -9, -10, -10

Weapon: Maenad's Lance
Armor: Ebony Plate(U), Plate Mail +3(L), Heaume, Mantis Gloves, Mantis Boots, Displacer Cloak

After talking to Saz and some others, it looks like I missed a few good pieces of armor...isn't there a really good piece of a Valkyrie?

Next!

Scronan

Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 11:51 PM   #2
Moni

Scronan, NICE Stats!
I am so bumming! My friend came back from Kuwait and has my Wizardry Ultimate Archives CD! I won't get it back to play Wiz 7 again in preparation for Wiz 8 and did not save any Wiz 7 games on floppies!
ARGH! Ah well, I'll have to create all new characters...with cool names

Moni
Old 04-05-2001, 11:13 AM   #3
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks Moni! I should have included their names:

Faerie Ninja:

Ryu - Gee, I've never heard that name before...

Faerie Monk:

Quanchi - He likes his cereal before it gets soggy in the milk, so its still quan chi.

Elf Lord:

Bisham - Another not so original name.

Felpurr Samurai:

Yoshi - Hmm, I'm thinking I need to rename my characters before I get arrested for thieving names....

Rawulf Samurai:

Musashi - Ditto.

Gnome Valkyrie:

Chesara - Now, thats the only name I dont think I've heard before! She was my favorite character.

I think if I keep this party in Wiz 8, I will make one of the Samurai a Gageteer or something else...depending on how much they are changed and what they lose. I also think having two Faeries is a bit too much...but I do like the Lord, Valkyrie and Ninja. The two Samurai are a bit weaker than the other party members, so I will probably have one change roles.

A lot of it depends on what items make it through, and what abilites, spells etc that they will keep in the new game.

Sorry you lost your save files Moni! There is PLENTY of time to get another ready....being that Wiz 8 is coming so late!

Take care

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 09:25 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmm...actually, Scronan, Chesarae is the name of the "teen idol" in the 1980's flick "The Idolmaker" with Ray Sharkey. Sorry to blow it for you...actually, your character's name is spelled slightly different. Whew!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 11:02 PM   #5
Moni

I hope you did not think I was knocking you for not posting your characters names! I was really knocking myself with the Surfing/Headbanging "Dude"'s that I played through W&W with!

(My son likes the name Ryu too and I have seen him use it before. Shinobi is another one)

Quanchi - He likes his cereal before it gets soggy in the milk, so its still quan chi. LMAO! I like this one!

I'll have to start thinking up some good names now LOL!

It is not likely that I will be able to get Wiz7 back in time to play through again before getting 8. The friend that has it lives up north and we only see each other twice a year. Next visit scheduled for August or September. C'est La Vie!

I am looking forward to playing 8 and would probably try it with new characters even if I did have my old ones seeing that I did that with all the other Wizardry's that I could

REALLY looking forward to having a Gadgeteer! Davros said I am one in real life LOL and here lately with all the different things I have been doing and putting together around here, I am inclined to agree wholeheartedly

Moni

Old 04-06-2001, 12:49 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

It will be cool to have a "Hephaestus" character in the party, won't it? Hehe! I'm planning to have 2 parties: one from Wiz 7, and one brand new. It would be just like me to make a Gnome "gadgeteer" and name him Hephaestus.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote