Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 12:44 PM   #71
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kestrel Daystar:
quote:
Originally posted by Jerr Conner:
quote:
Originally posted by Kestrel Daystar:
quote:
Plus, not too many fantasy movies I can think of with a female fighter as the lead.
I can really only think of Red Sonya

--Kestrel--
[/QUOTE]Yea, Red Sonja came to mind. She reminded me of a female Conan though, with more lines.
[/QUOTE]Wasn't she actually intended to be the 'female Conan'?

--Kestrel--

p.s. On a side note, anyone from the UK seen that advert with the parody of Conan on? For like Milkyway or Mars or something?
[/QUOTE]I think so, not sure. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 12:47 PM   #72
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Hey, I thought I had made a good case for anime earlier by pointing out Record of Lodoss War.
I love anime and I love Lodess War (and other sword and sorcery series like Slayers, etc.) but Japanese animation has a distinct style and I'm not sure if that style would suit the game. (Even the more recent series still echo the big teardrop eye thing Illumina mentioned.)

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek:
Still don't have a good idea for Irenicus. I'm not familiar with the guy that was suggested earlier, so I'll just defer to those who are familiar with him that he would be a good choice. [/QB]
David Warner voices Irenicus in the game, so people are plugging that he'd be first in line to play him in a live action film. And I'm like, he's a 67-year-old man. (He ain't gonna be playing Ras Al'Ghul in any live-action Batman series either, I can tell ya that much. [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) Another good thing about animation: the voice actors can be as famous or infamous or polar opposites of the character as you can get, but the voice will still be recognizable.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:57 PM   #73
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Quote:
I love anime and I love Lodess War (and other sword and sorcery series like Slayers, etc.) but Japanese animation has a distinct style and I'm not sure if that style would suit the game. (Even the more recent series still echo the big teardrop eye thing Illumina mentioned.)
I still think it's more suited, though I wouldn't be opposed to a more Gargoyles style one.

Still, narrow eyes for more serious characters. It works well, gives them a more serious look. Why I love Lodoss War is that it was very serious and more realistic-looking for some characters than most other shows.
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 01-18-2005, 07:57 PM   #74
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Pirengle:
David Warner voices Irenicus in the game, so people are plugging that he'd be first in line to play him in a live action film. And I'm like, he's a 67-year-old man. (He ain't gonna be playing Ras Al'Ghul in any live-action Batman series either, I can tell ya that much. [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) Another good thing about animation: the voice actors can be as famous or infamous or polar opposites of the character as you can get, but the voice will still be recognizable.
Well many of the movie-goers won't be as familiar with the game as most of us are, so I really don't think the voice would have to be a perfect match. Although I haven't seen the Riddick-series, I would think that Vin Diesel would do a good job as Irenicus. He has the look and the physical build, and some minor coaching could get rid of his street-style accent and teach him to talk in a low, menacing tone.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:59 AM   #75
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Vin Diesel's a beast and while Irenicus isnt your typical mage build, Vin is stil too buff. Wouldnt u rather have him as Minsc, or maybe Cernd.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:55 AM   #76
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Really, I can't see Vin playing anyone in the movie.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:08 PM   #77
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Pirengle:
David Warner voices Irenicus in the game, so people are plugging that he'd be first in line to play him in a live action film. And I'm like, he's a 67-year-old man.
So? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Irenicus is a former elf, doomed to age and die as a mortal. Think about Captain James Sawyer - doesn't he look kindof like he could once have been an elf? Put him in forgottenrealmsish clothes, and maybe lengthen his hair a tiny bit, and suddenly he looks very much like an aging mortal, with some small trace of elf left.

I realy don't see Jon Irenicus as being the picture of youth [img]tongue.gif[/img]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 05:13 PM   #78
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I don't know... His avatar looks really muscular.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 05:37 PM   #79
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

Aswell as his CGI avatar on the end movie of SoA.

--Kestrel--
Old 01-19-2005, 05:39 PM   #80
solace in fire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

who farted?
solace in fire is offline   Reply With Quote