Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2005, 09:29 PM   #31
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

I agree, Shrek is a good movie and has made money, but its a comedy, not action. I can only think of titan a.e. and final fantasy as the only serious action animated movies that have had any success in the box office.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:43 PM   #32
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
I've yet to have a suggestion for Irenicus that's satisfied me, though...
There is only one actor who would do for Irenicus: David Warner. The game proves that his voice is perfect for the role, and physically, I imagine something like Captain James Sawyer (Hornblower: Mutiny & Hornblower: Retribution), though not exactly the same ofcourse. [/QUOTE]I always thought Irenicus sounded exactly like Alan Rickman. In fact, until someone here said his voice was David Warner, I thought it WAS Alan Rickman! And he plays a good sauve but untimately insane baddie.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:24 PM   #33
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

I'd say anime myself, because of the anime Record of Lodoss War.

If they did the character designs like those, it'd work.

Besides, you have to look at the whole medium of Japanese Animation style. They're not always big-eyed twiggy people. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust had some great animation. D, the main character, had very slender eyes. Slender meaning no where near as big as what you'd see in Sailor Moon.

Anyway, that's how you pull it off with the more serious and darker characters. I'll post some examples:

This site has lodoss images:
http://www.cip.informatik.uni-muench...lodoss_ova.htm

Here's Bloodlust ones:
http://www.vampirehunterdbloodlust.com/
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 08:28 PM   #34
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Keldorn: Ian McKellan
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 08:43 PM   #35
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Ian McKellan? hes too old and way too skinny
Old 01-16-2005, 08:59 PM   #36
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

How about Sean Connery?
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 01-16-2005, 09:05 PM   #37
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Dont u think he's too old also? I was kinda thinking Arnold Scwarztenegger if he can get his accent under control or maybe Russel Crowe
Old 01-16-2005, 09:29 PM   #38
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Not Arnold. Maybe Russel Crowe. However, Keldorn seems old to me so that's why I pick Sean Connery. Plus, they do sort of look alike.

Also, I am more for a series. Movies of games generally disappoint.

[ 01-16-2005, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Jerr Conner ]
Old 01-16-2005, 09:29 PM   #39
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Balintherlas:
Ian McKellan? hes too old and way too skinny
Keldorn isn't young. He isn't as old as Gandalf, definately, but I would put him at the same age as (or maybe a few years younger than) Magneto. And skinny? Keldorn doesn't strike me as being plump, nor as having the build of a weight lifter. I think Ian McKellan would fit the role perfectly. [img]smile.gif[/img]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 09:34 PM   #40
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Balintherlas:
I agree, Shrek is a good movie and has made money, but its a comedy, not action. I can only think of titan a.e. and final fantasy as the only serious action animated movies that have had any success in the box office.
Well, DVD actually does better from what I've seen than box office does now.

Like Kill Bill. I probably got the numbers wrong but the box office version made 40 mill in its run. It made 40 mill in it's first week on DVD though.

Animated Stuff tends to do better on DVD. All those extras and whatnot.