Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2005, 03:00 AM   #21
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

hornblower is awsome, ion gruffudd is so tough, he was good in king arthur, he could make a good paladin or perhaps a frontline fighter, perhaps a kensai maybe? i thing valyger looks like vin diesel, appart from being darker than he is
Old 01-11-2005, 04:06 PM   #22
Taran
Manshoon

ooh, imoen could be played by that chick from americain pie
Old 01-12-2005, 02:40 PM   #23
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

Alyson Hannigan? I have always thought that.

You have to have David Warner play Irenicus' voice. Thats the best thing about Irenicus.

I think the Nalia portait looks alittle like Drew Barrymore so I would suggest her to play Nalia (only for looks not skill in acting).

Definitely not Brad Fool to play the main character. You need someone who can act to carry the film. Maybe he could play the part of an Ent or something... he's wooden enough.

I would say Johnny Depp as Haer'dalis. His way with words and ability to talk complete rubbish at times, on Pirates of the Caribbean would serve him well.

Other than that I will think on it

--Kestrel--
Old 01-13-2005, 04:34 AM   #24
The Hairy Caveman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well the only actor I think could really do a character justice in a movie would be Christopher Walken as Edwin, though Johnny Depp would probably pass as Haer'Dalis. But why are ya'll suggesting white girls for the role of Viconia? Wouldn't she be better cast with a darker skinned actress seeing as how she's a drow? And oh yeah, get Calista Flockheart's scrawny butt to be Aerie as she's an elf and unable to stand up straight in the wind also.
\"The teaching is \'Ai Uchi\', meaning to cut your opponent just as he cuts you. This is the ultimate timing...it is lack of anger. It means to treat your enemy as an honoured guest. It also means to abandon your life or throw away fear.\" - Miyamoto Musashi, A Book of Five Rings
The Hairy Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:40 AM   #25
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hairy Caveman:
But why are ya'll suggesting white girls for the role of Viconia? Wouldn't she be better cast with a darker skinned actress seeing as how she's a drow?
Someone like... Halle Berrey, who I mentioned before? She certainly doesn't look white...
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:42 AM   #26
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
quote:
Originally posted by The Hairy Caveman:
But why are ya'll suggesting white girls for the role of Viconia? Wouldn't she be better cast with a darker skinned actress seeing as how she's a drow?
Someone like... Halle Berrey, who I mentioned before? She certainly doesn't look white... [/QUOTE]Can she act? Viconia is a strong character... All I know about Halle Berrey is that she was in Catwoman. That doesn't say much about her acting skills.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 03:40 PM   #27
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

She has stared in a few things other than Catwoman. She is a rather talented actress truth be told. Not the best mind, but very good none the less. She has also stared in:

Gothika - Miranda Grey
X-Men 1&2 - Storm
Die Another Day - Jinx Johnson
Monster's Ball - Leticia Musgrove (won an oscar)
Swordfish - Ginger

So, well, she is rather established

Here, I took the liberty of doing a drow version of her for you. Its very rough mind...

Sorry about the quality

--Kestrel--
Old 01-13-2005, 06:20 PM   #28
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Anime! Anime! Anime! But what class would the protagonist be? I agree with Illumina here, ABA, please dear God ABA....
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:23 PM   #29
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Ah man, i lov these discussions cus its like the 2 best things in the world, baldur's gate and movies. I think a live action movie would be the the best thing to create a profit from the movie, how many action animation movies have had good success? Also, i think it would hav to be a warrior protagonist, think about the average American (my apologies to other nationalities), they love action heroes. Arnold, Stallone, and Willis are idols in this unorthodox world. Look what happened when they used a thief in DD. I agree that dave warner's voice is awesome for Irenicus, but has anyone seen necronomicon? Maybe they could use a differnt actor like james earl jones in star wars.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:32 PM   #30
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Spirited Away, Cowboy Bepop, Princess Mononoke and Shrek have had MASSIVE succeses. James Earl IMO brings way to much of a Darth Vader type, whereas Irenicus is more of a whoopass mage in the style of the emporer.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote