Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2001, 06:47 AM   #11
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Leagle:
And also I lost my copy, and I (*gasp*) have not learnt Dutch yet. Are the dutch copies just Dutch manual or what? Help me Melusine!!!
Are you saying that you live in Holland but haven't yet learned the language? Because I'm not sure if that's what you mean. I have a copy bought in Holland which has an English manual and the game + box are in English as well We Dutch don't really have athing for translation/ dubbing, fortunately

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-16-2001, 06:56 AM   #12
Neb
Account deleted by Request

That only happens to Githzerai who are on their home plane of Limbo, they are hunted down and killed because they are a threat to the power of their ruler, Githyanki, when reaching a certain level(Can't remember what it is), are summoned by their Lich-Queen and immediately drawn to her where they are hit by a high powered level drain which gives their queen the lifeforce neccessary to survive.

Did I get that right?
Old 06-16-2001, 07:21 AM   #13
Leagle
Manshoon

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. It happens to both races by their respective rulers. I already posted the levels.

And Melusine, There is a Dutch copy here, (Den Hauge) but I'm not sure if the game text is dutch. It might not be, as Torment is a large game.
Old 06-16-2001, 07:36 AM   #14
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Leagle:
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. It happens to both races by their respective rulers. I already posted the levels.

And Melusine, There is a Dutch copy here, (Den Hauge) but I'm not sure if the game text is dutch. It might not be, as Torment is a large game.
Leagle, we don't GET translated copies of games in Holland, no one would ever buy them!!! So the game itself will defintely be in English

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-16-2001, 07:39 AM   #15
Leagle
Manshoon

Also Melusine, you make it so difficult. You speak better English than French!

Ever noticed that Dutch sounds like English, ask something, they will hack and spit, overhear something and it sounds like bizzare english, like the conversation is completely non-sensical, but sounds as if in english. They are very similar tho, like old English. Much closer than French. (why the hell do we learn that anyway?)

P.s. Caleb, it is rather different from a normal level cap. Being eaten if you grow is rather freaky.

I have like 10 mins before I go into town guys!

[This message has been edited by Leagle (edited 06-16-2001).]
Old 06-16-2001, 07:44 AM   #16
Leagle
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Leagle, we don't GET translated copies of games in Holland, no one would ever buy them!!! So the game itself will defintely be in English

Yay! but in truth, you do. After a while it comes out. My friend bought black and white in dutch, it is rediculously funny, it just sounds so stupid! (I bet it does in English as well, someone get back to me on that one.)
Old 06-16-2001, 04:36 PM   #17
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I have an articel about hese people in one of the Drgons Magazine here at homw. All things decribed pretty well there... NR 281, if you´re interested.

OKI, might be alittle spoiling in my thread but not that much I think.

Too late to edit now... *rinning off with tail behind legs, looking for dark corner* Darn, I miss my spot in front of the fireplace...

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz