Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2002, 03:25 PM   #11
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

yeh but what about ppl who call their kids oldfashioned names *cough*romeo*cough* i mean its like calling your son Dieter or Hamlet i mean thats just as evil innit? what about that guy in mexico tried to change his name for a joke got stuck with the name 'Jesus christ king of the jews' for a month before he could change it, fool, he he he he

Felix
Old 09-05-2002, 03:28 PM   #12
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
So Minno, if your American grandmother named you Monique Renault, would your Apache name perhaps be: French car which lets you down a lot ?
Old 09-05-2002, 03:28 PM   #13
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

My real name is Storm. I was named that by my mother who honors her Cherokee heritage, as I was born during a Winter's Storm.

Many African-Americans name their kids weird names like Shashandra and stuff like that to be different. Many people are taking older names and mixing it up a bit like instead of Karen...it's Karyn or Karan. I am unaware of any laws that prohibit names in the U.S.

My mom's boyfriend's name was Pearly. He was a very large, strong man. You didn't call him that. Instead, you called him "Pete".
Old 09-05-2002, 03:42 PM   #14
flibulzbuth
Drow Warrior

A couple here tried to name their child Spatula... it's been rejected by the gov and in court trial.
As a side note, there was one Hittler in the montreal phone register. Useless to say he got prick phone calls on a daily basis.
Old 09-05-2002, 03:44 PM   #15
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Heh, the cruel names that are coming up...but...KYRA? Bah, it's alright, I guess...I just always call myself kaltia and rip my name off timetables and stuff
Old 09-05-2002, 03:52 PM   #16
Lord Shield

out of interest I found a few sites for changing your name by deed poll?

Change Name

it seems easy but you have to remember to inform your banks, employers, credit card companies, insurance companies, subscriptions, licences, etc....

Old 09-05-2002, 03:54 PM   #17
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
So Minno, if your American grandmother named you Monique Renault, would your Apache name perhaps be: French car which lets you down a lot ?
LMAO No, it would be LastTruePrincess [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-05-2002, 05:08 PM   #18
Lox
Manshoon

While we're on the topic of our own odd names mine is (odd in the US, not France):
Marcotte (paternal grandmothers maiden name)
Sharp (mother's maiden name)
Anderson (father's maiden name )

So I've got three last names for a name. Needless to say, I got teased a hell of a lot in middle school, but I always insist that people call me Marcotte. I only introduce myself as Marc if I don't want to go through something like....

"Hi, I'm Marcotte."
"Marc Ott? Are you related to the baseball player?"
"No, Marcotte, it's all one word."
"That's you're first name?"
"Yes"
"Marc- what?"
"Marcotte"
"Can I just call you Mark?"
"No. My name is Marcotte."
etc.

And of course all my junk mail is addressed to Ms. Marcotte and my freshman year of college, the dorm was confused because they thought they had an extra female to find a roommate for.
Old 09-05-2002, 05:51 PM   #19
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Lox:
and my freshman year of college, the dorm was confused because they thought they had an extra female to find a roommate for.
LOL! My 7th grade homeroom teacher assigned me to a Boys P.E. class thinking I was a boy (by the looks of my name only) Monique. Yeah, Monique.
[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Old 09-05-2002, 05:56 PM   #20
Hesperex

nothing wrong with being called Marc ...but that is my name I have no otte on the end [img]tongue.gif[/img] ...most people still write it Mark which really p!sses me off but still ..what can you do. Incidently ..talking of strage names I know a couple who have named there new born son Xavier ...guess what they are fans off lol