Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2002, 10:57 PM   #1
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Looking for input from gamers - why should I play this? And secondly, what kinda game does it remind you of. I've finished my IWD campaign (until late may ) and don't really want to play something else for a while while I wait. So I've been looking around and Wiz8 is currently winning my attention. I've played IWD, BG, BGII, Wizards and Warriors, Diable, Might and Magic VII Vampire the Masquerade Redemtion... is it similar to any of these in game play/skills/level base/leveling up/XP etc.

Like I said, I'm looking for input from gamers. And PLEASE PLEASE Pah-leease don't spoil me here. I *HATE* that...

thanks in advance, btw..

BK-branching out to new games
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 12:24 AM   #2
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

A quick search on this forum will return multiple threads of when this question has been asked in the past, 95% of which are all or mostly positive responses and will give you so many different insights into the quality of the game that they should be experienced in the posters' own words.

The most recent thread is http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=15;t=002400 and is a good example of the sort of answers you will/would get.

In short, this is simply an excellent game with a good relatively non-linear plot, great character development and lots of replayability. It has its flaws but they don't take that much away from the game's enjoyment IMO. This game is a fitting end to the Sir-Tech legacy and will be remembered as such.
Old 04-22-2002, 05:27 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi BK -long time since we talked. This game rocks dude - best thing I have seen on the market lately. It will come across as a W&W or MM7 type game - just heaps better though. Good structure and quests (although possibly a few to many of the "take this to him" type) - plenty of game play - some strong puzzles and easter eggs - I got my 80 hours of enjoyment out of it, and one of the few games I have had enough interest to start a replay with (so add on another 40 hours there). Highly recommnended.
Old 04-22-2002, 02:35 PM   #4
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Jem - thanks for the link - [img]smile.gif[/img]

Davros, good to see ya! Works been keeping me away (Darn RL) and I've been in GD mostly, but finished IWD last week and is a very long month til IWD II comes around...Everything I've heard so far makes me think this will come across ok. I'll look into the game etc at Best Buy soon... [img]smile.gif[/img]

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote