Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2003, 07:28 AM   #1
Arvon
Unicorn

Ladies vs. Real Women

Ladies - If you accidentally over-salt a dish while it's still cooking, drop in a peeled potato and it will absorb the excess salt for an instant "fix-me-up."
Real Women - If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too damn bad. Please recite with me, The Real Women's motto: "I made it and you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes."

Ladies - Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.
Real Women - Take a lime, mix it with tequila, chill and drink. You might still have the headache, but who cares?

Ladies - Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent ice cream drips.
Real Women - Just suck the ice cream out of the bottom of the cone, for Pete's sake. You are probably lying on the couch, with your feet up, eating it anyway.

Ladies - To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.
Real Women - Buy boxed mashed potato mix and keep it in the pantry for up to a year.

Ladies - When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking pan, use a bit of the dry cake mix instead and there won't be any white mess on the inside of the cake.
Real Women - Go to the bakery - they'll even decorate it for you.

Ladies - Brush some beaten egg white over pie crust before baking to yield a beautiful glossy finish.
Real Women - Sara Lee frozen pie directions do not include brushing egg whites over the crust, so I just don't do it.

Ladies - If you have a problem opening jars, try using latex dishwashing gloves. They give a non slip grip that makes opening jars easy.
Real Women - Go ask the very cute neighbor guy to do it.

And finally the most important tip!.....

Ladies - Don't throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.
Real Women - Leftover wine??

[ 07-31-2003, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: Arvon ]

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 07-31-2003, 08:27 AM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

ROFLMAO! Haha! This cracked me up!
Quote:
Ladies - If you accidentally over-salt a dish while it's still cooking, drop in a peeled potato and it will absorb the excess salt for an instant "fix-me-up."
Real Women - If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too damn bad. Please recite with me, The Real Women's motto: "I made it and you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes."
I like this the most!
Old 07-31-2003, 08:32 AM   #3
Thoran
Galvatron

IMO... Real women can do EITHER option in each case with aplomb. Although I think most real women would have too much pride in their work for part two of the salty dish, boxed mashed potatos, or Sara Lee frozen pies (YUK!).
Old 07-31-2003, 10:06 AM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

Arrow

I do exactly what the 'Real Women' do, well except for the next-door-guy-open-a-jar thing and baking, but it's a disturbing thought nonetheless.
Old 07-31-2003, 10:37 AM   #5
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

poor me if i ever meet a real women

Catch me if you can..
Old 07-31-2003, 07:10 PM   #6
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
poor me if i ever meet a real women
Actually, those things for Real Women sounds just like every woman I have ever dated. And I actually wonder why my relationships only last a year at most...
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 07-31-2003, 07:19 PM   #7
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

And to think, I always considered myself to be a lady and to find out that I am in reality a "real woman."
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 07-31-2003, 10:59 PM   #8
Cataephract
Dungeon Master

Does the potato thing actually work? I cook a lot, and there have been times when I could use that, but does it change flavor in any way? By the way, I'm not a lady. Or a real woman
Old 08-01-2003, 12:47 AM   #9
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
posted by Cataephract
------------------

Does the potato thing actually work? I cook a lot, and there have been times when I could use that, but does it change flavor in any way? By the way, I'm not a lady. Or a real woman
try it ! [img]smile.gif[/img] cant hurt in doing it.. and have your boyfriend/husband or someone taste test it for ya.

Catch me if you can..
Old 08-01-2003, 08:33 AM   #10
Thoran
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Cataephract:
Yea it really works, the salt diffuses into the potato (Ever heard of salt potato's? YUM!). It may not eliminate the over-salt but it'll absorbe a fair amount of it.