Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2004, 01:59 AM   #21
uss
20th Level Warrior

I agree with Black Baron - the least favourite ending was Edwin's. He's the only 18 int mage.. He was smarter than that.

The favourite one was maybe Cernd's. Though he was quite an annoying character in the game, his ending was pretty sad.
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 03:26 AM   #22
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

What is Cernd's ending? I didn't play him ever... well tried to but I wanted to slash his throat already right after joining... pain in the butt.

Yeah, Edwin's ending I think suits him pretty well... that's what ego does to ye!

I don't like Viconia's Romance ending... as much as yes it is a very suitable and believable ending I just go for happy endings... a personal choice.

I have to agree with Illumina. Why did they break up after achieving victory? I mean what if you chose to be a human being right? What about that?
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 10:17 AM   #23
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
What is Cernd's ending? I didn't play him ever... well tried to but I wanted to slash his throat already right after joining... pain in the butt.

Yeah, Edwin's ending I think suits him pretty well... that's what ego does to ye!

I don't like Viconia's Romance ending... as much as yes it is a very suitable and believable ending I just go for happy endings... a personal choice.

I have to agree with Illumina. Why did they break up after achieving victory? I mean what if you chose to be a human being right? What about that?
Since you asked for Cernd's ending...

His child grows up to be an evil necromancer, and they kill each other in battle.

The reason for the breakup? You all have 8 million xp! Each of you is now one of the most powerful people in all of Faerun. All of the other powerful people pretty much sat back and watched the war unfold, just to see what would happen. Now that it's over, they'll start to get involved with your life for better or worse. If you stay together, then your combined might will put you right on top of everyone's hit list. You walk into a kingdom, and immediately the ruler(s) hit the panic button. The Zhents, Red Wizards, etc. will be all over you like flies on feces. You talk about Viconia having a bad ending? She'd die a lot sooner if you stayed together, because she would catapult right to the top of Lolth's list of "soon to be dead" drow. Edwin would have never taken over the Red Wizards, because the moment he went back home with all of you in tow, then everyone would have been on instant high alert.

The smart thing would be to break up.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 11:54 AM   #24
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Now I like Cernd's ending... hahaha [img]smile.gif[/img]

You all are good guys, so what if you were together because you are fighting for the light and strives balance all over the realms. Besides being an already "elite" group, the party itself steps back from the action, "retires" in way. They can do it together. Well if Edwin wants to take over the Red Wizards he can do it on his own... But even you part ways with your half-sister... I mean that is in some-way nuts. Because with their definition of breaking up is "never to see each other again". [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well I think that they could have made the endings more specific. What I mean is the ending depends on the alignment, party chemistry etc... that would have been nice now that I think about it...
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 01:28 PM   #25
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

I can see where they break apart; but to me it's more realistic they stay together.

I think they'd all split up much later, though.

To me, they'd stay together for at least a few years.

Thanks Teardropmina. Next time I'll try different solutions (Usually I have 15+ Cha)

[ 05-16-2004, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: Jerr Conner ]
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 08:08 PM   #26
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Well, since this thread specifically relates to the end of the game, it brings me great weary pleasure to report here that after many moons of sometimes painful powergaming insanity, I managed to complete the game. (Throne of Bhaal)

The final battles were nightmarishly frustrating and took every ounce of nous to win and to be honest, I'm glad the saga is now all over for me. That is, at least for another couple of years or so until I get the itch to try more NPCs from BG1 that I've never tried before....

As to the endings, well, I empathise with Black Baron on Edwin. Disgraceful. He is far more intelligent than the game gives him credit for. I think the problem is that the makers like to discredit his intelligence a bit by making fun of him a bit too often. He could have at least made some other kind of illuminating discovery about the nether-scroll or something!
As to Edwina - in my game, Edwin changed back to his usual self after I finished SoA, but it still said she existed, off bartending somewhere! Strange!

I liked Korgan and Jan's endings most in my party. Quite entertaining until the very end, those two. Viconia's was disappointing (since we had shared so much) and Sarevok's surprised me, in that I expected him to turn on me at any moment at the end...but I agree that something felt missing, not sure what exactly.

Time to move onwards rpg-wise then!
Tally ho to Icewind Dale II!
Thanks to all for the tips in both here and SoA over the past few months. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Cheers,
CerebroDragon
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 12:36 AM   #27
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by CerebroDragon:

As to Edwina - in my game, Edwin changed back to his usual self after I finished SoA, but it still said she existed, off bartending somewhere! Strange!
I believe the idea is that Elminster did not kill Edwin, but rather decided to humiliate him.
She is a bitter, bitter woman.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 02:13 AM   #28
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
I concede to your wisdom, Illumina, you're right there. [img]smile.gif[/img]
(What? No congratualations or nothing for finishing the game only a correction?) [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Just kidding.

Oh well. Bitter, bitter woman indeed. Poor Edwin. He didn't even get in half of those 200 years or his pointy hat for that matter and still implausibly picks the wrong fight.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 02:25 AM   #29
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
::laughs:: Yup, that's generally how I work.

But congratulations anyway, sorry I forgot.

Edit- Score, you just helped me create a new sig. Congratulations again!

[ 05-22-2004, 01:45 AM: Message edited by: Illumina Drathiran'ar ]

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 05:39 PM   #30
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Edwin has a big ego. Big egos override intellegence. I've seen it happen. His ending never surprised me.

He did keep gloating about his power.
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote