Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2001, 09:22 PM   #1
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

To start things out, can you export a character from BG or TotSC to IWD or any of its subordinates? I am thinking, you take your BG character, import it to TotSC, then move it to IWD, then IWD:HoW, then to BG2, then BG2:ToB. Is that possible, or do I have to cut out IWD and IWD:HoW? If we could do that (I like to experiment without the experience cap), then I could have some tough cookies..
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 12:36 AM   #2
Aurican
Elminster

Icewind Dale has nothing to do with the BG series at all. You'll have to stick with BG to have the same imported character. Sorry.

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?

http://angelfire.com/rpg/aurican
Aurican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 04:26 AM   #3
Khanar
Manshoon

Actually you can do this, but it takes some editing work in a Character Editor. You can a few at TeamBG.org for BG1/BG2 and IWD. Basically what I did was open my exported BG character in a BG1/2 character editor, and then manually copied all the stats to a new character in the IWD character editor. Some stuff is different, but you can make do with what IWD has. Oh, and some items are not in IWD, but most of them are, and you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a replacement for some items. Once you've saved the IWD character, just import it into IWD and go play.

This way is hard, and there might be a better way I don't know of, but it does work I guarantee.
Khanar is offline   Reply With Quote