Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2002, 02:26 PM   #1
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Finally, after over two months of pain, suffering, and constant dentist visits, it is over. The wound left from the forcible removal of my wisdom tooth will be allowed to heal naturally, after having gotten infected once and festering once. Finally, after having gone to the dentist three times a week for nearly a month, I can chew easily now... IT IS OVER! No more visits to the dentist's, no more toothaches, no more icky-tasting medications... I'm free! FREE! Until Easter, that is, when the next wisdom tooth comes out... yet let tonight be a night of celebration and partying, I will not have to walk through the cursed doors to the dentist's chair of tortures for another three months.
[img]graemlins/eating.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/braveheart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dance2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/3party.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/3partysmiley.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/balloon.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/happydance.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2002, 02:29 PM   #2
Lavindathar
Harper

Congrats....

My wisdom teeth may have to be removed, they are still growin, but can hurt sometimes. We shall see!
Old 01-07-2002, 02:33 PM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Well, i'm glad its all over. Lets hope that doesnt happen again.
Old 01-07-2002, 02:34 PM   #4
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Indeed a glorious occasion! Let there be partying!

[img]graemlins/1djsmile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1popcorn.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1drinkspit.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1partygirl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drinkup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1pourwine.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bdaysmile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/3party.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/3partysmiley.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/balloons.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1partyguy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img]

And there was much rejoycing.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Neb ]

Old 01-07-2002, 02:40 PM   #5
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

Wisdom tooth, as in one? I had them all pulled at the same time..... Would you like to know what(in my life), was the most painfull feeling? well after I had them pulled, I got dry socket. That is when the hole doesn't close, and the gauze falls out. Then you breath, and air(which normally is not supposed to be exposed to air), gets exposed. That is the most excruciating (sp) pain I have ever felt......

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: AngelofDeath ]

You Can Not Hide
Old 01-07-2002, 02:50 PM   #6
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Ahh, congrats Kaz! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Hope you will have a long and healthy life without your wisdom-tooth.

see ya!
Old 01-07-2002, 03:05 PM   #7
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

quote:
Originally posted by AngelofDeath:
Wisdom tooth, as in one? I had them all pulled at the same time..... Would you like to know what(in my life), was the most painfull feeling? well after I had them pulled, I got dry socket. That is when the hole doesn't close, and the gauze falls out. Then you breath, and air(which normally is not supposed to be exposed to air), gets exposed. That is the most excruciating (sp) pain I have ever felt......

I didn't have dry socket (my sympathy, I hear that's bad ), but I got about EVERYTHING else you can possibly get from a wisdom tooth.
[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
I had only one - they meant to do two, but the painkiller started wearing off when they were halfway through - NOT a pleasant experience. I sat around in miserable pain for three days. On the fourth day I still didn't feel any better, so I went to the dentist's - wound had gotten infected - and got some antibiotics. Wound healed well, several weeks passed. Then - suddenly - it started hurting again. I went to the dentist's in the morning. They said the wound had festered, so they'd have to cut it open again. Unfortunately, I had a VERY important test at school that day, so I had to come back in the afternoon. I went to school, had the test (four hours ) while I had toothache and fever. Wound got cut open again (ack that hurt), after that I had to go to the dentist's EVERY TWO DAYS for several weeks so they could put some strange thing in the wound and keep replacing it... then, when that was over, they had to put another strange thing in the wound. Luckily this one only had to be replaced once every couple of weeks. Now, today, they took it out and said that that was it... HURRAY! I'M FREE! THE TORTURE IS OVER!
*rant mode off*

Unfortunately, this leaves three to go.
Old 01-07-2002, 03:06 PM   #8
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Finally, after over two months of pain, suffering, and constant dentist visits, it is over. The wound left from the forcible removal of my wisdom tooth will be allowed to heal naturally, after having gotten infected once and festering once. Finally, after having gone to the dentist three times a week for nearly a month, I can chew easily now... IT IS OVER! No more visits to the dentist's, no more toothaches, no more icky-tasting medications... I'm free! FREE! Until Easter, that is, when the next wisdom tooth comes out... yet let tonight be a night of celebration and partying, I will not have to walk through the cursed doors to the dentist's chair of tortures for another three months.

Hi Kaz! You probably don't remember me, but I just wanted to say that I'm happy for you. I no longer need to stomp on your foot to distract you. I won't tell you any scary stories about teeth or anything. Instead, I'll tell you a story about when I was your age and I really liked a girl who worked at a library. I was volunteering at a small library and a girl who was a year younger than me also worked there. Her name was (and probably still is) Ellen. She was splendiferously fantabulously bee yoo tee ful. I was awash in hormones so I loved her with all the love my teen body could muster. Feeling sleepy yet? Anyway, we would meet upstairs and talk about everything. She would patiently listen as I talked about Star Trek and I would listen as she told me about how her parents abused her. She and I became good friends and she got married to someone years ago. Forgot about your tooth yet?
Old 01-07-2002, 03:15 PM   #9
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

I do sympathise with you, I'm happy that are feeling better.

That sparked a memory(the pain killer episode), I remember waking up, looking at the dentist in my mouth and hearing a loud pop(my tooth breaking), then I went back under. not pleasant, but thank goodness it was only once. Good luck with future extractions.

You Can Not Hide
Old 01-07-2002, 03:27 PM   #10
Elif Godson
Dracolich

YEAH goody goody, hopefully no more pain for you.