Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2002, 12:07 PM   #1
Dragis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I read somewhere u can import a character into a save game. Can u and how do I go about doing this? (Here is the situation started as a cleric but dont like him and want a different caracter but dont want to start over again can i do this?)
Dragis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 12:46 PM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

hmm, if you're doing a multiplayer game you can (if not open up the mpsave folder, or make one if you don't have one, and copy your game into it, then go and create the new character, import him into the multiplayer game, and delete your cleric from teh line-up)

it may not work with your main character but I've done this before in IWD and with a pure mutliplayer party (good for creating a party you want instead of having to pick up people and hope they match your idea of fun)
Old 11-14-2002, 02:00 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I can confirm that it will work with your main character. In fact, what some people do is when they've gotten so sick of doing all the Candlekeep quests in the Prologue, they'll start a Multiplayer game, clear Candlekeep, watch Gorion get whacked, and have Imoen join the party. Then they drop all their gear to the ground, and Save their game.

Then, all they have to do when they start a new game is load up a copy of that Save (still in Multiplayer), delete the PC, and roll a new one. Start the game, and BAM, you and Imoen are outside Candlekeep, with a load of equipment at your feet. Save, move that Save into the Single Player folder, and play as usual.
Old 11-14-2002, 06:57 PM   #4
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
I can confirm that it will work with your main character. In fact, what some people do is when they've gotten so sick of doing all the Candlekeep quests in the Prologue, they'll start a Multiplayer game, clear Candlekeep, watch Gorion get whacked, and have Imoen join the party. Then they drop all their gear to the ground, and Save their game.

Then, all they have to do when they start a new game is load up a copy of that Save (still in Multiplayer), delete the PC, and roll a new one. Start the game, and BAM, you and Imoen are outside Candlekeep, with a load of equipment at your feet. Save, move that Save into the Single Player folder, and play as usual.
It is times like this when all that I can say is, "HUH?"
Old 11-15-2002, 07:13 AM   #5
Grungi
Banned User

theres even one thing i read which i found hilarious it said "infinate exp in baldurs gate" you know the cunning way to get this infinate exp? do candlekeep then import your char, then do it again, and again and again ad infinitum and this was written in all seriousness too.

what idiot is going to keep doing that and getting pitiful exp just because you can keep doing it, dear oh dear [img]tongue.gif[/img] theres easily enough exp in the game to hit the exp cap many times over so certainly no need to keep redoing candlekeep, and as for the equipment you can get, well you get better equipment by far a few maps down the road so its not like you'll need it
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 07:55 PM   #6
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

I can not imagine getting a character to level up by repeating Candlekeep over and over...I mean for Pete's sake it is only 351XP!!! Who are these people and what do they do for a living that gives them this much free time???????
Old 11-16-2002, 07:55 AM   #7
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

That is insanity! If you're really that bothered, give yourself the XP with Gatekeeper, for God's sake.

It is useful to have a save outside Candlekeep. The only thing I would say is that you have to be on your toes to avoid Imoen if you don't want her in the group (or you could kill her if she really annoys you).

Imoen: "Hiya, it's me. Imoen!"

Main Character: "Shut UP! And s*d off!"
Old 11-18-2002, 11:40 AM   #8
Grungi
Banned User

people are that sad, if you ever played MUDs you'll see the depths people go to in terms of exp.
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote