Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2002, 03:46 PM   #31
LennonCook
Jack Burton

quote:
Original Stated by My Mother We shouldnt have to do that!! If it isnt fixed by Monday Ill ring telstra.

So Mum wont do it, Im kind of stupid with XP,( too different from ME)and so im scared ill do something wrong, and shes going to rnig telstra on MOnday. I guess ill be using this laptop for another 12 months.
Old 01-16-2002, 06:09 AM   #32
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by SookmaCook:

So Mum wont do it, Im kind of stupid with XP,( too different from ME)and so im scared ill do something wrong, and shes going to rnig telstra on MOnday. I guess ill be using this laptop for another 12 months.

Did you resolve this?

Old 02-09-2002, 12:30 AM   #33
LennonCook
Jack Burton

OK, quite a while later, I am still on the laptop with an extremely slow connection (48-8 internal modem...). BUT there is good news (we were due for some more of that!! ) ... Mum has to go to Sydney (small world, ja ?? ) tommorow with work... she has to take the laptop with her. (yes, yes, i know... sofar, so bad)... the good news ?? She is going to change the DNS settings. She says something along the lines of 'even if it fixes yours and mucks up mine" which, ofcourse, it wont. I will (hopefully) be back on the fast connection very very soon.
Old 02-10-2002, 06:32 AM   #34
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
OK, quite a while later, I am still on the laptop with an extremely slow connection (48-8 internal modem...). BUT there is good news (we were due for some more of that!! ) ... Mum has to go to Sydney (small world, ja ?? ) tommorow with work... she has to take the laptop with her. (yes, yes, i know... sofar, so bad)... the good news ?? She is going to change the DNS settings. She says something along the lines of 'even if it fixes yours and mucks up mine" which, ofcourse, it wont. I will (hopefully) be back on the fast connection very very soon.

She shouldn't have to do this, Lennon. You can change your DNS servers from right where you are. It won't muck up anything. Telstra have updated their DNS servers already. They emailed me back about 3 weeks ago (I'd fixed mine long before then though). I can't believe you're still using your 56K when you can use your ADSL!! Get moving! [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2002, 06:52 AM   #35
LennonCook
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

She shouldn't have to do this, Lennon. You can change your DNS servers from right where you are. It won't muck up anything. Telstra have updated their DNS servers already. They emailed me back about 3 weeks ago (I'd fixed mine long before then though). I can't believe you're still using your 56K when you can use your ADSL!! Get moving! [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

You misunderstood me, Memnoch... (dont worry, happens alot... im an ambiguos person!! ).. she has gone to Sydney (with work), and so changed the DNS settings before she went, so that I could get here.

Im back on the ADSL, which seems to have slowed down since I last used it... (telstra, probably ).. but its still faster than the laptop!!

Only problem ive encountered sofar with returning to the ADSL... all the threads which I have looked at, and even posted in, display as If i havent been to them, because I havent on this computer!!

But everything works perfectly... (mum was afraid that something would happen with her FTP acess to the website she works on or something...), so were gonna leave it on this new DNS forever...

Ofcourse, one good thing did come out of this fiasco- Mum admitted to being stubborn!!