Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2002, 10:22 AM   #31
DraconisRex

I took it. Over-all, I'd say that was a pretty weak IQ test. I took it 6AM in the morning, with a back in spasm and a supreme lack-of-willingness or interest to figure out perfect squares or anything else that required thinking and still came up 136. So I can say, that when I absolutely don't give a crap to process beyond a superficial level I have a 136 IQ.

Also, I felt the reporting was meaningless. IQ scores, such as "112" or "148," require context for relevence. I could design an IQ test where everyone was a "genius" by giving everyone 150 points to start... [img]smile.gif[/img]

IMO, what matters in IQ testing is your standard deviation(s) above/below the mean, converted to a percentile, based on the bell curve of that test. That wasn't reported. If you're 4.3333 standard deviations above the mean, that puts you in the 99.9996th or so percentile. It wouldn't matter if your "IQ" was 110 or 220.

Of course, if your a masochist you could take "MEGA" where if you answer 1 question on the test, your IQ is 100. But that's a damn hard test.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
Old 08-03-2002, 11:44 AM   #32
Azred
Drow Priestess

I began my university career as a chemist until I realized that I was really good at math, so I added it as a second major. When it came to the physics classes, though, I was much better at Newtonian physics and quantum mechanics than electricity/magnetism.
Topology will most likely throw you for a loop at first; it is completely unlike any other math you've probably taken before. At least, I admit that it threw me for a loop for a while. [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]

Draconis Rex, yes the Mega test is hard, as are its follow-ups Ultra, Power, and Titan. These were attempts to create tests that are normed at a higher level than standard tests; the idea was that a higher-norm test will be more accurate for those who have a greater degree of mental acuity.
Many well-established societies don't recognize the Mega test, though. There is an almost soap-opera-like history about the interactions between people in the really exclusive societies. That is a nice way of saying that some of them acted like bratty children, sulking off into the corner to form their own groups.... [img]graemlins/dontknowaboutyou.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 08-04-2002, 01:26 AM   #33
Gazza
Banned User

I got 124. Not too bad I guess.