Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 11:05 AM   #1
Enwareth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Are there any free mods (or mods in general) for diablo or diablo 2? My friend needs help beefing up his character, and aparently playing the game isn't good enough. Personally, I think that just playing the game is good enough, but whatever floats your boat, right?
Thanks for the help!

[ 04-27-2005, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Enwareth ]
Old 04-27-2005, 05:06 PM   #2
Lucern
Quintesson

There are.

I've run accross mods that add different monsters and skill sets...but never tried any.

But it sounds like you're talking about a plain editor. There's one called the Hero editor, or something like that, that will let you change classes, levels, skill points, equipment, Act, etc. Run a search and avoid sites that are somehow looking for money for characters and other silliness.

However, I can almost guarantee if your friend uses it it s/he will tire of the game very quickly. The game's merit lies in the progression, the fight to stave off ineffectiveness against increasing challenges.

With a changed character, you'll find yourself bored with normal progression. After you've beaten the game, progression is essentially all there is. When that happens, you'll delete it and sell the cd like I did lol.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:07 PM   #3
Enwareth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

He just wants to beat one of his friends who keeps beating him. He's been looking for items and stuff, but that's not so easy since he'd have to pay. I'd like to give him some links and help him out like that. Thanks again.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:30 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

You mean on Battlenet? Or Multiplayer ?

If Multiplayer you can use editors to give you godly items. If Battlenet then *cough* ebay *cough* or other unmentionable things ( maphack , autoheal, etc etc ).
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 07:48 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

If you mod your game... your opponent will usually need to mod his/her's as well in order for a multiplayer game to work properly.

Ergo, if your friend mods his game to cheat in a Kingslayer, his opponent can do the same and probably use it better.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote