Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2004, 07:11 PM   #11
Chewbacca
Zartan

Hello People,

If I may toot my own horn... [img]tongue.gif[/img] It seems my little mod made it on the NWvaults front page today in the 'popular files with the most increase in downloads' section.

Anyway that is really not why I am posting....

I have updated to version 2, you can get the new module file by following the link in my original post. Here is a synopsis of the update from the readme:

Quote:
Version Notes:

v2- Added Android79's custom dyes, more custom equipment, and a testing Arena (BETA). Revised merchant conversations for more flexibility and to suit various shopping preferences.
I would love to have more ratings if anyone who has or will try it is so inclined. It has only been up a week and already has over 1000 downloads, but only two ratings, (one of them is mine [img]tongue.gif[/img] the one by gfish in case you are curious on what I scored myself [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

I would also love more feedback, accepting all constructive critism. The battle arena is quite BETA and has not been comprehensivly tested for balance, bugs and such. Any feedback and/or bug reports about the new arena will also be quite helpful.

Happy gaming! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-12-2004, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 09:51 PM   #12
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Cool stuff mate, my two (the beta and final) were up there a few weeks back when HotU just came out - I never noticed until someone told me that's how they found it!
Old 01-13-2004, 07:12 AM   #13
Epona
Zartan

Excellent news, I will dl the updated mod tonight. I've been using it extensively to level and equip characters for mods which recommend higher levels.

I suppose I ought to register so I can vote for it - one thing was that I wanted to wait for an upgrade because obviously it's better to vote for the more developed version if that makes sense. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2004, 01:13 AM   #14
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Excellent news, I will dl the updated mod tonight. I've been using it extensively to level and equip characters for mods which recommend higher levels.

I suppose I ought to register so I can vote for it - one thing was that I wanted to wait for an upgrade because obviously it's better to vote for the more developed version if that makes sense. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Cool! I am glad you are finding it useful! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Feel free to wait on rating if you want, I plan several more relatively minor feature updates as well as regular weekly/monthly item updates. I discovered that many multiple merchants adversly effect file size so I am working to whittle down the number of stores a bit more and regrouping a few catagories here and there for effeciency.

BTW, In case you are unaware, you can change/revise your ratings for a module anytime by simply clicking the 'rate module' button again. Also once you register at the NW vault you can track files using their portfolio system. It automatically tells you if a file has been updated and lets you keep track of favorite modules and stuff. Very useful!

Cheers! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2004, 05:59 AM   #15
Darkman

Nicely done. I can't think of anything to criticise! I like your Novice to Epic Character Maker better than the Halls of Advanced Training.

I voted on NWN Vault. I assume you wanted more votes to get to 10 so the rating would show? It was hard to decide what to give a very well done utility module... but I think I was fair [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW, I think one of the best features of this mod was the name. +Novice shows up at the top of the list when I choose to load a module. Nice not having to scroll through dozens of other modules whenever I want to make a new character.

[ 01-14-2004, 06:01 AM: Message edited by: Darkman ]
Old 01-14-2004, 06:11 AM   #16
Epona
Zartan

Sounds like it's worth registering then Chewbacca, I'd find those features very useful! Unfortunately I forgot all about dling this last night [img]redface.gif[/img] because I've just installed IWD2 and got a bit engrossed [img]redface.gif[/img]

I agree with Darkman too - very useful having the + in the title so it shows up at the top of my module list. I have a hdd crammed full of NWN mods (best bloomin game ever written imo, it's kept me busy since it first came out with all the different mods available) and there's yours on top right where I can find it easily [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2004, 09:51 PM   #17
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkman:
Nicely done. I can't think of anything to criticise! I like your Novice to Epic Character Maker better than the Halls of Advanced Training.

I voted on NWN Vault. I assume you wanted more votes to get to 10 so the rating would show? It was hard to decide what to give a very well done utility module... but I think I was fair [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW, I think one of the best features of this mod was the name. +Novice shows up at the top of the list when I choose to load a module. Nice not having to scroll through dozens of other modules whenever I want to make a new character.
Thank you very much for the high praise. [img]smile.gif[/img] Yes, I do want to get to 10 votes so it shows up as 'rated' so I appreciate the vote as well.

About the name, I planned it that way, so I am very happy that is a "feature" you like! [img]smile.gif[/img]

FYI- In future updates the actual module file will keep the same name and will over-write the previous version. I screwwed up with version 2 and forgot to change the name back to regular. So the next update, in a week or so, will revert the file name back to just "+Novice to Epic Character Maker" and it will stay that way. The version number will change in module description each update and in the title at the NW vault.

Once again- thanks! I am glad you like it! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2004, 03:29 AM   #18
Chewbacca
Zartan

Hey,

The Module file and readme are now updated to version 3. Still the same link as the in the first post.

Here's the notes:
v3- 01/18/04 Added Magical Dye Mirror powered by Mandragon's dye kit system. Added even more custom equipment of nearly every sort. Added new small arena area for easy quick-start battles. Added special, indestructable, summonable/dispellable defender Golem in the arenas to quickly get rid of unwanted/overly-difficult opponents. Added small lounge area- due to a request for an indoor lit area. Fixed a plethora of typos. ('experience' should be spelled correctly in every instance now [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) Streamlined, tweaked and enhanced conversations. All of this plus-tucked, trimmed and shaved the filesize down some!

-Note as of this version(3) the actual .mod file will retain the exact same name- (+Novice to Epic Character Maker) in future update and will overwrite older versions in order to prevent clutter in the module folder. Also changed to Winzip for compression, No more self-extracting .exe!

I love the new dye system made by Mandragon that I found on the vault. You have to check it out!

Special big thanks to everyone who gave feedback and ratings. The module only needs 4 more ratings to get officially listed as "rated" so if any more fellow Ironworkers feel so inclined totry it out and give an honest rating, I do appreciated it! Expect another update soon!
Old 02-02-2004, 02:57 PM   #19
Chewbacca
Zartan

Hey,

Another update! Here is the Link.

If you are a BG2 fan I added an items pak full of BG2 equipment amongst other custom items. Also you can choose opponents in the castle arena now, there is a nice sized list to choose from spanning all levels.

Happy gaming! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2004, 04:35 PM   #20
philip
Galvatron

Cool I'll check it out tomorrow [img]smile.gif[/img] Sounds like a great update
philip is offline   Reply With Quote