Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2002, 05:14 PM   #11
Chewbacca
Zartan

No prob! [img]smile.gif[/img] When I get dm block, forum hunting helps relieve it! Happy to help.

One way to handle signs is naming them want you want them to say. That way a player needn't even click on it to get info. Otherwise use the description tab.

Anyway patch 1.23 may contain a way to create pop up text on any placeable by simply right-clicking and typing. I read this recently at the bioforums.

http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/myview...29850&forum=46
Old 08-24-2002, 05:24 PM   #12
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

oh cool ill try that it should work well when i get this patch up n runnin ill get the 1.23 in like 10 seconds but getting all the others is taking a while (i had to download it twice tho...)
Felix
FelixJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 06:48 PM   #13
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

ok as long as i dont start scripting i can change the stats and inventories of the enemies etc so im setting up challenge one the goblins (it sounds stupid but im upping all there stats) now concerning the bow armed ones at the back i have a dilemma i gibe them a shortbow and for ammuntion arrows but it only says arrow i was wondering how many is this and if it is only one how do i alter it to 40 or w/e?
Felix
Old 08-25-2002, 01:55 PM   #14
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by FelixJaeger:
ok as long as i dont start scripting i can change the stats and inventories of the enemies etc so im setting up challenge one the goblins (it sounds stupid but im upping all there stats) now concerning the bow armed ones at the back i have a dilemma i gibe them a shortbow and for ammuntion arrows but it only says arrow i was wondering how many is this and if it is only one how do i alter it to 40 or w/e?
Felix
Hey check out the stack-size under the item properties-> basic of the arrow. The default is 99. This is where you edit it! Also there is an unlimited ammo option. Look under a missle weapon's properties-> properties(where you add bonuses and spell effects).

Cya!
Old 08-26-2002, 05:04 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by FelixJaeger:
1 more question (soz memnoch, yes i do know i ask a lot of questions but its the only way ill learn)
You are absolutely right here, mate - and I encourage you to ask as much as you can, hopefully some other people (who might have the same question but are afraid to ask) will learn some things too. All I said is that I might not have all the answers (though I'm learning fairly quickly too).

For example, I have a henchman script that I'm trying to get to work which is PISSING me off. One thing I'm learning quickly, is DOCUMENT your scripts so you know which is which - you can easily end up with a hundred scripts and can easily forget what each one does.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 07:36 AM   #16
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Yeh ive documented my scripts per mod i.e. i only script for one mod at a time and delete them afterwards when i no longer need the mod i.e ive got a script to give a key and a convo etc now i know how its donewhen i check it works i wont have to keep that anymore (ive found scripting kinda easy weird huh) now im just about to try out the mod to see if it works so far ive got two problems i cabt make an ettin turn from commoner to hostile and i cant get my mod to work...grr.
neway what you said about it helping others memnoch i was thinking that i should keep it in my favorites folder (this page) and then bring it up for other newbs or any trouble i run into, i might be able to help someone as well as my self [img]smile.gif[/img]
Felix
Old 08-26-2002, 10:28 AM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I guess my henchman script is a bit complex - I have about 5 main conversation nodes, each with about 5-15 subsets, with different local variables set for each one. The henchman is actually rescued by the PC and then offers to join, and has a quest - so I had to script for each eventuality (henchman met but not hired, henchman hired, henchman hired and quest not finished, henchman hired and quest finished, henchman fired, etc etc.). Absolute nightmare if you try and keep it all in your head - once I actually wrote down what I wanted to do, and worked out what local variables had to be set and checked to trigger off various conversation nodes, it got a lot easier. It's still not working perfectly, mind you - but I'm getting there.

Old 08-26-2002, 07:15 PM   #18
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

well thats cool about the convo's im getting used to scripting at the mo and i am trying to extract the seated script from the black jack mod but it is harder than it seems, i have a script for a drunken elf who wot stay on the floor and im working on a script for a patrolling guard maybe ill get into the convo part of it next week...i hope...
Felix
Old 08-29-2002, 04:21 PM   #19
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

little help please, preferrably from someone who can explain it simply,
i need a convo between two NPC's involving in a two on one fight with no one else involved, i have two questions, how do i get a 2 NPC convo and how do i get no one else to attack when the NPC fights the other two?
this is a re enactment from Daemonslayer so if it is possible also is there a way to make the entire bar vacate cept gotrek ,felix n the PC as well as the bartender.
cheers,
Felix

p.s. second thoughts how do you make NPc's enter the tavern as well?
Old 08-30-2002, 05:20 AM   #20
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

There's a working script at the Bio forums that will help you work out a conversation between NPCs (the code's quite long and doesn't cut and paste well here). As for getting nobody else involved when they fight, create a new faction for one NPC and another one for the other 2, make them all friendly to everyone else but neutral to each other. That way, when tempers flare and they start to fight, everybody else will watch. [img]smile.gif[/img]