Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2003, 09:49 AM   #11
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey BK! Nice....I expect a ride in that one next year! And GOOD TO SEE YOU!!! [img]graemlins/kissy2.gif[/img]

I'd done my homework via Consumer Reports the last time I bought a car, which was about 9 yrs ago. I had the added edge of bringing in a friend who wanted to buy a car and we ended up buying the same model, different colors! LOL

The salesman tried the standard tactics, but of course I'd seen them listed at Consumer Reports. He first told me he couldn't give me anything but a token amount on my trade in (a car I'd been offered $2000 for by someone in my office, but he bought something else when he found out I didn't have ac in it). Then he said he'd have to check with his boss. (standard tactic to make you sit and wonder and worry) and then he came back with a lower offer than I liked, again I stood firm, he 'went to see his boss' and came back a teeny bit higher but in the end I got very close to what I wanted because I flat out told him he could either stop 'going to his boss' or bring his 'boss' out to deal with me directly! LOL(I knew he was merely him sitting out of sight for five minutes to make me wait not really discussing my offers with anyone!)

In the end, I think we got a better deal because the guy knew if I walked out (something I wasn't afraid of doing and said so), he'd have lost TWO sales not just one.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:22 AM   #12
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

The key is the word "SALESMAN" they are not there to do the right thing by you, they are there to make money.
Do your research and be prepared to haggle and stand your ground.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:44 PM   #13
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

At FLow, there was no "haggling"...all cars had one price and that was the price the car would go for, no matter what. Commission was no different from a corvette to a honda accord. It was all one price, and you got paid by how many cars were sold...nothing else.