Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2001, 03:25 PM   #81
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Tobbin... Your girl's a little scary... What's she doing???

------------------
Old 03-10-2001, 03:48 PM   #82
Tobbin
Red Dragon

That's a scene from Scary Movie. Where they were panning in on her and clipped her a little. Figured it would emphasize the nosey part. LOL. Maybe I should have chosen a different scene to capture. LOL

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-10-2001, 04:26 PM   #83
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

LOL Tobbin! That clip didn't make me think of "nosy." Don't know what it made me think of but I'll try not to look at it again! Yikes!

------------------
Old 03-10-2001, 04:31 PM   #84
Tobbin
Red Dragon

I'll just have to take it as bad judgement on my part. LOL. I was figuring that if I showed someone on the screen and then panned in so close that you would bounce off of them, LOL, then it would be showing someone taking too much of an interest than they should. It never really occured to me to make it out as horror, although it was supposed to pun that. Scarey Movie is a comedy and not horror. Though if you haven't seen it, I guess you might think that.

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-10-2001, 04:44 PM   #85
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

My knight! I don't think you were being nosey at all! In fact, I think I was the one who was being nosey! You were just showing concern, gentleman that you are! BTW, I went out to WOLFGIR's site (after I read his story) and found your story there. Very moving story! I must admit, it brought more than one tear to my eyes. In fact your story (along with Relic's deleted one and of course WOLFGIR's and BK's) is making me feel like I should write one. It's been a long time since I've written any fiction (other than 'sketches', that is), I might be a little rusty at it!

------------------
Old 03-10-2001, 05:12 PM   #86
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyRae:
My knight! I don't think you were being nosey at all! In fact, I think I was the one who was being nosey! You were just showing concern, gentleman that you are! BTW, I went out to WOLFGIR's site (after I read his story) and found your story there. Very moving story! I must admit, it brought more than one tear to my eyes. In fact your story (along with Relic's deleted one and of course WOLFGIR's and BK's) is making me feel like I should write one. It's been a long time since I've written any fiction (other than 'sketches', that is), I might be a little rusty at it!

I disagree. About you being rusty, that is. From the posts that I have read on here, you sound like you have a story that wants to come out. You are very organized in thought and pick your words very carefully. I'd have to say that you have a Talent for writing. I wish that I could write as well. So, you read the short story, huh? Well, that was my first attempt at writing. When I was in high school, English used to be my worst subject. I hated it. Now, I wish that I had listened more. I mainly start off by writing from my emotion rather than worrying about setting though. As for the short story, it's an introduction into my story about Carl (the real Carl and not the one from the story). You see, the hill is a burial mound. His wife lies there. It was her Love for him (when he was Richard) and his love for her, that crafted the magic that permeates the glade. The ring (the original one) is buried with her. That's why it still has a link between them. It's not until he re-creates the ring that the extra-ordinary journey begins. It's a story about love and a story that time cannot come between that love. Well, just wanted to give you a background for the short story, ok, actually a foreshadowing, cause I came up with the story after the glade. It all made sense. You're probably going, when is this guy gonna stop babbling. He's making no sense. LOL. Anyways, just letting you know there is more.

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-10-2001, 05:28 PM   #87
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

You make total sense, my knight! And, if that's your first attempt, I'm doubly impressed! Writing from the heart is the best kind and the structure you show in your writing proves to me you weren't just snoozing through all those boring English classes! I'll download it and hang onto it (last night is the first time I've ever been able to make it to his site!) and try to wait patiently for more!

------------------
Old 03-10-2001, 06:47 PM   #88
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hi Draconia, Thank you for asking your husband about that! Yes, you can e-mail me at Intoxogod2@aol.com I appreciate it!~LoA
Old 03-11-2001, 01:06 AM   #89
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hi LadyRae, Draconia, bilqis,
By way of compromise I reposted my tale under LadyRae's post to me. At least it wont be so widely disbursed if it is viewed. Draconia, is a very dark and rather unpleasant tale, LadyRae know as she had a chance to read it before I could delete. Just want you to know in advance, you may to reconsider reading it.
Old 03-11-2001, 01:34 AM   #90
Draconia

The.Relic- I read your story and posted a reply.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen