Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2001, 07:29 PM   #191
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:

Re your food point, yes, J.J. I am aware of that. I am also aware that food aid has been stepped up on a mammoth scale in the past days, with far more to come. It is to that increase which I was referring.

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati
Old 10-08-2001, 07:34 PM   #192
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

True tolerance tolerates intolerance.

Tolerance and absorbtion/acceptace are not the same thing.

Yes, good point. However, you yourself are not immune from this, Yorick! There seemed to be rather a lot of intolerance and nitpicking from yourself at Fljotsdale, recently, just to take an example. Your posts were way over the top, - sarcastic and unkind, your response to what you no doubt saw as 'intolerance'. Everything little thing she said, you jumped on her hard, with both feet and a heavy weight. So I think it's a little thick for you to be preaching tolerance!! 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone' and so on.

Anyway, from what I've seen of Liliara, she seems quite capable of defending herself

------------------

Old 10-08-2001, 07:36 PM   #193
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Thankyou for that rare compliment Effie!

Guys I must say I'm a bit concerned by the Liliara bashing going on. Where is the tolerance so valued and worshiped by those that are criticising? Seems to me that the tolerance is selective, and only accomodates those of a like mind.

Forgot to answer your main point - what gets me is the gloating tone. Personally, I find it quite nauseating.

------------------

Old 10-08-2001, 07:39 PM   #194
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Thankyou for that rare compliment Effie!

Guys I must say I'm a bit concerned by the Liliara bashing going on. Where is the tolerance so valued and worshiped by those that are criticising? Seems to me that the tolerance is selective, and only accomodates those of a like mind.

True tolerance tolerates intolerance.

Tolerance and absorbtion/acceptace are not the same thing.

She's entitled to her views, and the nitpicking of her posts is starting to grate on me. You don't have to read her threads you know guys. I think the emotion she showed was understandable given the vulnerability many Americans have felt since September 11.

Heck, I've been told by some friends in England that the British press is totally fearmongering over there. As evident from some of the English posts of late, I'd cautiously suggest this may be true.

I feel safe. I am in Manhattan.

Even if I'm not I have no fear. I will not be ruled by such a negative emotion. If I die, I know where I'm going. If I don't, I haven't let the situation run my life.

Fearmongering?? In what way? That's ridiculous - you don't see people here stocking up on 3 weeks worth of water just in case! I think maybe your friends may be panicking if that is what you heard, but not the majority.

And no-one is bashing Liliara. Let me tell you now that when I post about MY religious beliefs, I am very careful to always post 'In my opinion' or 'well I think that...' or 'In my view'. But I now think I will stop, and just tell everyone that my way is the only way and that everyone who disagrees with me is bashing me.

Belief in god is a nonsense. Lets have some rationality going on here instead of all this superstition.

OK, now perhaps someone would like to bash me for posting my beliefs??? Because I bet I'll get it back harder than I give it out.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-08-2001, 07:44 PM   #195
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Yes, good point. However, you yourself are not immune from this, Yorick! There seemed to be rather a lot of intolerance and nitpicking from yourself at Fljotsdale, recently, just to take an example. Your posts were way over the top, - sarcastic and unkind, your response to what you no doubt saw as 'intolerance'. Everything little thing she said, you jumped on her hard, with both feet and a heavy weight. So I think it's a little thick for you to be preaching tolerance!! 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone' and so on.

Indeed.
Old 10-08-2001, 07:50 PM   #196
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
And no-one is bashing Liliara. Let me tell you now that when I post about MY religious beliefs, I am very careful to always post 'In my opinion' or 'well I think that...' or 'In my view'. But I now think I will stop, and just tell everyone that my way is the only way and that everyone who disagrees with me is bashing me.

Indeed. Actually, speaking just for myself now, Liliara hardly has grounds for complaining about bashing anyway.

Here is my imitation of a typical Liliara post:

"Dio, don't take this personally, this is not a flame or anything, just my opinion, but you are a traitor and you suck."
Old 10-08-2001, 07:51 PM   #197
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Did I say I was without sin? Did I say I was the epitome of tolerance? My actions do not prevent me from pointing out a current set of circumstances. The issue between your mother and I was made known to me and we resolved our issue. We also have a long history of respectful dialogue over more than a few months. Totally differet scenario.

If you are reading gloats you are reading between lines erronoiusly.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 10-08-2001, 07:54 PM   #198
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Fearmongering?? In what way? That's ridiculous - you don't see people here stocking up on 3 weeks worth of water just in case! I think maybe your friends may be panicking if that is what you heard, but not the majority.
I'm just the messenger. That was the observation from friends in England. If you say it isn't so, so be it.

------------------

Old 10-08-2001, 07:54 PM   #199
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Heck, I've been told by some friends in England that the British press is totally fearmongering over there. As evident from some of the English posts of late, I'd cautiously suggest this may be true.

Even if I'm not I have no fear. I will not be ruled by such a negative emotion. If I die, I know where I'm going. If I don't, I haven't let the situation run my life.

Ironic to hear you say such a thing, since it is nothing but FEAR which is driving the quick resort to military action.

Old 10-08-2001, 07:55 PM   #200
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
I'm just the messenger. That was the observation from friends in England. If you say it isn't so, so be it.

------------------

Closed Thread