Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2001, 09:20 PM   #11
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:

I shall pray tonight for forgiveness, but I'm afraid that you, my friend, have no one to ask forgiveness of, seeing that you are an atheist. Worry not though, I shall pray for you, as I pray for myself. In the meantime.... HOW YA LIKE US NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What forgiveness will you be praying for tonight, Liliara? I would be very interested in knowing.

Btw, I am not an atheist.

Old 10-07-2001, 09:21 PM   #12
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mitro Jellywadder:
I agree with ya totally..It is unfortunate that it has come to
this. We all need to be prepared for the long haul though. This
isn't Desert Storm, where we can say, here's 500,000 soldiers.
Line up and take 'em down. This is more special forces type of war,
in and out, hit and run. The cowards definitely don't want to play that
game with our special forces. The sooner we bring "him" to justice,
the sooner we can prepare for the backlash.
As far as civilians go, I shouldn't start but I will. If you
know you live near a "military target"..MOVE. If you have no where
to move to, move AWAY. It's unfortunate that you now live in a war
zone, it's unfortunate that a person (not from your country) started
a war for your country. I live near the largest air base in the US.
I know the dangers and yet I stay. I can accept that fact. So can
they.
We hid nothing in our attacks today. It's well documented in the
Bush family "Book of War." We give you a deadline, if you don't
adhere to our deadline, we bomb you. Starting with "military
factories", airports, communication grids, power grids, air defense
systems and enemy barracks. We did it in Iraq and we did it to the
Tailiban.
That is right...we gave them warning...both for the people to decide to escape or to stay, and for their military to make preparations against us.

If Russia, China, UK, and others are with us, then we truly are not acting alone nor in error. The world does not want terrorism, and an extermination of the vermin must proceed. All of the other countries are hoping we help them get it done.

------------------

3rd Member of the Ancient OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position & Ambassador)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Old 10-07-2001, 09:25 PM   #13
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
That is right...we gave them warning...both for the people to decide to escape or to stay, and for their military to make preparations against us.

If Russia, China, UK, and others are with us, then we truly are not acting alone nor in error. The world does not want terrorism, and an extermination of the vermin must proceed. All of the other countries are hoping we help them get it done.

Sadly, many of the people who left Kabul came to the conclusion that the West would not attack, and they have been returning to their homes... at least, to what passes for homes...

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-07-2001, 09:25 PM   #14
G'kar

Killing is what killing is.
Thou shall not kill.

Celebrating violence, what an interesting percpective into a persons character.

It's another sad day.

Industrial targets in populated areas.

Dont cry, children, the bombs aren't meant for you.

Cowards also fire weapons from afar, never seeing the life rush out of their enemies eyes.

Yes, bombs are dropping in population centers, a celebration of DEATH is in order.

[This message has been edited by G'kar (edited 10-07-2001).]

Old 10-07-2001, 09:29 PM   #15
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'm with ya Liliara!!!! Action had to be taken at some point, might as well start now. oh btw I started a Pool of Radiance game last week and named a female sorcoress Liliara, liked the name hope its ok
Old 10-07-2001, 09:30 PM   #16
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~whistles~ I think I'll keep my big 'ol mouth shut on this one... Tee hee hee...
Old 10-07-2001, 09:34 PM   #17
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:

I am a Christian, I do not gloat over those that the Lord will squell baecause they use his name to kill and maim innocent people. But as a human with a human spirit, I cannot help but feel a satisfaction with today's events. I shall pray tonight for forgiveness, but I'm afraid that you, my friend, have no one to ask forgiveness of, seeing that you are an atheist. Worry not though, I shall pray for you, as I pray for myself.
WHAT!!! I can't believe what I'm reading. You rejoice because people are going to die - then you are going to pray for forgiveness that you rejoiced?? Is that what you mean? Surely not?
And it isn't the lord that is doing the killing, Liliara. It's people. People killing people, most of whom have done you no wrong, and have no wish to do so. All most Afghanis want is to live in peace and have just a modicum of the comfort we have.

------------------

Old 10-07-2001, 09:39 PM   #18
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well I guess my views on what is happening are VERY wide apart. On one hand, I cannot help but feel for innocent victims of war, poor people who have lived an incredibly shite life in Afghanistan, who have no power, who may not be able to afford leaving Afghanistan or maybe if they try they are afraid that they will be killed, called "betrayers" or something. I personally value all human life (except for pure evil humans, aka, terrorists), no matter who they are or what they may believe or not believe religion-wise. So I can't feel happy about this war, because I keep thinking innocent people are dying. And are we getting any of these terrorists tonight? Are these terrorists at these bombing locations? If they were smart, they would avoid obvious places that the U.S. may target. So could be not only innocent deaths from the U.S. bombings, but deaths for nothing.

On the other side of the spectrum, I want those Taliban FFFFs dead. I cannot see another option that the U.S. can do about these terrorists but all out war. Is there another way? A peaceful way? If so, please tell me cause I can't think of one thing. I am not opposed to the death penalty. I consider these terrorists as evil, and I have absolutely no problem watching us blow the shite out of them. I'd personally love to see a small plastique bomb in one of Bin Laden's smokes while he is doing one of his interviews. He is not human to me. Neither are his apprentices. I know a lot of them were probably normal maybe before they joined the "Bin Laden" group, but all they stand for now is evil and killing and murder and death. And they use religion to fire up others emotionally and religiously. And the U.S. is NOT against Muslims as Taliban leaders are saying, this is NOT a holy war on our part, it is a war against evil, against cowardly terrorists.

As I said, I am split between two different views on all this. Is what makes it so hard to deal with.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ladyzekke (edited 10-07-2001).]
Old 10-07-2001, 09:45 PM   #19
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Well I guess my views on what is happening are VERY wide apart. On one hand, I cannot help but feel for innocent victims of war, poor people who have lived an incredibly shite life in Afghanistan, who have no power, who may not be able to afford leaving Afghanistan or maybe if they try they are afraid that they will be killed, called "betrayers" or something. I personally value all human life, no matter who they are or what they may believe or not believe. So I can't feel happy about this war, because I keep thinking innocent people are dying. And are we getting any of these terrorists tonight? Are they at these bombing locations? If they were smart, they would avoid obvious places that the U.S. may target. So could be not only innocent deaths, but deaths for nothing.

On the other side of the spectrum, I want those Taliban FFFFs dead. I cannot see another option that the U.S. can do about these terrorists but all out war. Is there another way? A peaceful way? If so, please tell me cause I can't think of one thing. I am not opposed to the death penalty. I consider these terrorists as evil, and I have absolutely no problem watching us blow the shite out of them. I'd personally love to see a small plastique bomb in one of Bin Laden's smokes while he is doing one of his interviews. He is not human to me. Neither are his apprentices. I know a lot of them were probably normal maybe before they joined the "Bin Laden" group, but all they stand for now is evil and killing and murder and death. And they use religion to fire up others emotionally and religiously. And the U.S. is NOT against Muslims as Taliban leaders are saying, this is NOT a holy war on our part, it is a war against evil, against cowardly terrorists.

As I said, I am split between two different views on all this. Is what makes it so hard to deal with.

You thoughts are much the same as mine, Ladyzekke. It IS difficult. But the Taliban were making suggestions that were getting closer and closer to what the West wanted, and I think that with a little more patience and actually SHOWING them the evidence against bin Laden and his followers (we haven't), we might have avoided the present action.

------------------

Old 10-07-2001, 09:51 PM   #20
G'kar

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
You thoughts are much the same as mine, Ladyzekke. It IS difficult. But the Taliban were making suggestions that were getting closer and closer to what the West wanted, and I think that with a little more patience and actually SHOWING them the evidence against bin Laden and his followers (we haven't), we might have avoided the present action.

Virtues like patience have been lost to vengance in the guise of justice I'm afraid. It is sad indeed.

Closed Thread