Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2001, 04:17 PM   #181
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

C'mon mate, I read my post again. What is there not to agree with? I basically clarified what I originally said. We both agreed that neither JWs nor non JWs are under the same umbrella, and I cleared up my definition of the word "Christian" in the context I used it.

?????????

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!

[This message has been edited by Yorick (edited 10-08-2001).]
Old 10-08-2001, 04:20 PM   #182
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Because the sig had gone 'funny'. Kept on not showing up, and I found the blank boxes with the little red X's in the corner very irritating!
I must ask someone to make me another and get Ziroc to host it.

I hope you do Fljotsdale, it was one of the better sigs on the boards, it always cheered me up when I saw it.

Old 10-08-2001, 06:28 PM   #183
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Fine F.

I take it then you are suggesting Jesus was a Christian who asked himself into is life, prayed to himself and was thankful that he had died in his own place?

This is part of the rest isn't it?

Silly blighter! You know I didn't mean that! GRR!! Stop laughing at me! I'm an old lady!

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-08-2001, 06:32 PM   #184
Fljotsdale

Quote:
C'mon mate, I read my post again. What is there not to agree with? I basically clarified what I originally said. We both agreed that neither JWs nor non JWs are under the same umbrella, and I cleared up my definition of the word "Christian" in the context I used it.

?????????

Well - you said that the JW's are not christian. They are! It's all the rest of you that aren't!

And you don't agree with that, do you? So we disagree!

------------------

Old 10-08-2001, 06:39 PM   #185
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Donut, if Jesus was God, and did not sin, then he would have found a way to solve the situation without taking a life. There was a case where he was surrounded by a hostile, increasingly aggressive crowd and was able to walk through them unharmed.

He also raised a man from the dead though.

We are not Jesus. We are flawed failed creatures who complete actions of evil every day. A white lie, an infedelous thought, a cutting thoughtless remark. At best we can ask him to reside in us, make us more like him, and reflect on what he would do in a given circumstance, and indeed even seek his will on a circumstance. The point is not the action taken, but the motive behind it.

A prayerful choice.

I follow Jesus. I am divorced. Jesus taught divorce was wrong. "God hates divorce" is in Malachi. "Let no man tear usunder what God has joined together."
How did I justify this? Undoubtably Jesus, though unmarried, would not have divorced if he were.

I didn't justify it. It is and was a conequence of hers and my failings, hers and my sin. Divorce is a consequence of sin, and entails many sins in the process. War is a consequence of sin, and entails many sins in the process.
At best, in the war of a household, or the war of nations, we can merely navigate a path through the mess that human free will, that human choices can often make. It's part of the deal, and part of the journey. Acceptance that things will never be perfect, but aiming, always aiming towards it.

There is no good in war. At best it is the lesser of two evils, but I honestly believe that by declaring war on terrorism, a terrible cancer that should have been purged years ago, may at last be erradicated, and a longer truer peace - in Ulster, in Israel and Palestine, and in Afgahnistan and America, may be attained.

Very good and thoughtful post, Yorick.

See? We agree sometimes!

------------------

Old 10-08-2001, 06:57 PM   #186
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Ok. Main differences:
Oooh perfect! Thanks Fljotsdale, that was exactly what I wanted to know. Nice & succinct too.

Quote:
Do not:
3. celebrate christmas, since it is.... (b) a continuation of the pagan feasts of Saturnalia/Natalis Solis Invicti.

That do?

The exact reason why I have no qualms about celebrating 'christmas'!!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-08-2001, 07:08 PM   #187
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:

Dio, for just one night, put off your ever present need to find something wrong with everything that someone who does not hold the same beliefs as you has to say! I am a Christian, I do not gloat over those that the Lord will squell baecause they use his name to kill and maim innocent people. But as a human with a human spirit, I cannot help but feel a satisfaction with today's events. I shall pray tonight for forgiveness, but I'm afraid that you, my friend, have no one to ask forgiveness of, seeing that you are an atheist. Worry not though, I shall pray for you, as I pray for myself. In the meantime.... HOW YA LIKE US NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And John, we are Americans. We did not bring this on ourselves, but were forced to this end! As a fellow AMERICAN, I am with you, and thank you for your support.

Bizarre. Praying for forgiveness? Your god does fulfil some very convenient functions, does he not? Sin, pray for forgiveness, sin again tomorrow. So that's how it works! Aha, now I understand the attraction....

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati
Old 10-08-2001, 07:11 PM   #188
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Just to correct a point you make here, I think you mean 'our good friend Tony Blair'. By no means all of Britain is behind the actions that have been taken, and that includes many members of the houses of parliament.

Regarding your point about the food that is being supplied - yes indeed. I wonder how much of that had to do with the hundreds of thousands of letters and emails sent to the US and the UK governments (many from the UK) begging for such an action to be taken by the west.

(My apologies if I have repeated points made by others. I've come very late to this thread, and it is just TOO long to read all though. Again, my apologies...!!)

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati
Old 10-08-2001, 07:13 PM   #189
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Just to correct a point you make here, I think you mean 'our good friend Tony Blair'. By no means all of Britain is behind the actions that have been taken, and that includes many members of the houses of parliament.

Regarding your point about the food that is being supplied - yes indeed. I wonder how much of that had to do with the hundreds of thousands of letters and emails sent to the US government (many from the UK) begging your government to do just that.
HELLO!!! the US was already supplying over 80% of the food shipped into afganistan before sept 11, don't they give you folks in britain acces to reliable news? whatever happened to the bbc? they were at least factually correct.

(My apologies if I have repeated points made by others. I've come very late to this thread, and it is just TOO long to read all though. Again, my apologies...!!)

------------------
Unstinting Gaurdian of Children
Defender of Those Unable To

Official Pin-Up Girl Evaluator/Massager of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.
Old 10-08-2001, 07:26 PM   #190
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Thankyou for that rare compliment Effie!

Guys I must say I'm a bit concerned by the Liliara bashing going on. Where is the tolerance so valued and worshiped by those that are criticising? Seems to me that the tolerance is selective, and only accomodates those of a like mind.

True tolerance tolerates intolerance.

Tolerance and absorbtion/acceptace are not the same thing.

She's entitled to her views, and the nitpicking of her posts is starting to grate on me. You don't have to read her threads you know guys. I think the emotion she showed was understandable given the vulnerability many Americans have felt since September 11.

Heck, I've been told by some friends in England that the British press is totally fearmongering over there. As evident from some of the English posts of late, I'd cautiously suggest this may be true.

I feel safe. I am in Manhattan.

Even if I'm not I have no fear. I will not be ruled by such a negative emotion. If I die, I know where I'm going. If I don't, I haven't let the situation run my life.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Closed Thread