Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2001, 06:52 AM   #131
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:
Nintendo's! Seriously...imagine this conversation...

Extremist Father: Come son, we have to take up the Jihad of our hero Osama Bin Laden and punish the Great Shiatan, The West!!!

Son(Currently playing Super Mario Brothers on his 36" TV and drinking a Coke): *SLURP* Yeah Dad...whatever. Can it wait til I beat this level?

That truly IS sick

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-08-2001, 06:55 AM   #132
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Wrong!! You do it for shock value. Pure and simple.

But on a more serious note, please don't assume that you know why I do anything. You don't know me - heck, I don't think we ever spoke before. So don't tell me why I do anything.

------------------

Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-08-2001, 07:01 AM   #133
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
But on a more serious note, please don't assume that you know why I do anything. You don't know me - heck, I don't think we ever spoke before. So don't tell me why I do anything.

OK...I deserved that. I should have been more specific. In the context of the back and forth, we were talking about 'people'. That is who the 'you' was referring to. 'You' people in general, not 'you' Epona. My apologies.

------------------
"In Memorium of those who are gone, and all those that bought our freedom with their hearts blood!"

"May the Colors of Liberty never run"
Old 10-08-2001, 07:03 AM   #134
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
OK...I deserved that. I should have been more specific. In the context of the back and forth, we were talking about 'people'. That is who the 'you' was referring to. 'You' people in general, not 'you' Epona. My apologies.

OK, accepted.
I think we may have to agree to disagree on the wider issue though - doesn't look like there's much common ground there! But I'll let you get off to bed now - it must be late in your part of the world.

------------------

Old 10-08-2001, 07:03 AM   #135
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:

I'll tell you where I'm getting it from! In the Pentagon wreakage a stewardess (flight attendant for the PC crowd) was found with her hands tied behind her back and her throat cut. Real "brave" to attack unarmed people, with the belief that you will get rewarded in the afterlife. BRAVE was the actions of the people on flight 73 that fought for the chance to live, unarmed people against armed people! We will never know if they thought they would be rewarded for their attions on that day, but give American soceity I doubt that thought entered their minds.

That is what sickens me most of those terrorist, they kill without reason. It's like they (those terrorist) have a brain block or something, it's just like Lilarcor, MurderDeathKill .........

------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
I'd be Mirac, mighty mage of er... uhm.. er.. - Mirac Honorguard
Fellow Table Dancer of the Jerome's Table dancer group
Spell formulater of the IW peace-keeping force
Old 10-08-2001, 07:11 AM   #136
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
OK, accepted.
I think we may have to agree to disagree on the wider issue though - doesn't look like there's much common ground there! But I'll let you get off to bed now - it must be late in your part of the world.

Thanks. And yes. I think we'll have to agree to disagree. *Offers handshake* Yeah...its 5:00 AM here. And my flu drugs just kicked in. Have a pleasant day.

------------------
"In Memorium of those who are gone, and all those that bought our freedom with their hearts blood!"

"May the Colors of Liberty never run"
Old 10-08-2001, 07:21 AM   #137
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Thanks. And yes. I think we'll have to agree to disagree. *Offers handshake* Yeah...its 5:00 AM here. And my flu drugs just kicked in. Have a pleasant day.

*Accepts handshake*
Hope you feel better soon - staying up til 5am is not gonna help your flu!

------------------

Old 10-08-2001, 07:24 AM   #138
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Wrong!! You do it for shock value. Pure and simple.

Calm down, mate, don't put words in someone's mouth, eh? Epona has a right to talk about dead children, upsetting as that may be to you, just as you have the right to talk about Nintendo games advocating bin Laden's death (upsetting as that may be to her). Respect the right of others to their opinion as long as they are not disrespecting anyone in the process! Don't forget that.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 10-08-2001).]
Old 10-08-2001, 07:26 AM   #139
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Epona...your personal morals aside, there are plenty of reasons to be jubilant. America and Britain have struck the first blow in what should be a decisive series of blows against terror. We are fighting back. The(SEVERAL THOUSAND) corpses still lying under the rubble of the WTC are finally getting some justice. Those are all good reasons to be jubilant.

And, just for the record...I dont see anywhere in Liliara's, or anyone else's posts, anything that would indicate that they are jubilant over others pain. She, I, and others are happy that we have struck a blow.

And also, since we're on in that vein...I feel personally ill that anyone could be so lacking in essential fibre as to believe that talking the problem to death, or offering terms, or any other ridiculous peacenik solution has a hope of working. You dont meet force with a flower. You meet it with a bullet!

OUT!

EDIT: Guess I should have just went with my first instinct and said 'without the spine'. Sorry Epona. Hope that clears up the confusion for ya.
Two things Nachtrafe :

1. You're right about punishing those bastards for what they've done to those people that were in WTC at the time
2. You're NOT right about having the right to celebrate the killings we done now in Afghanistan. Did you see that part on the tv when those sick Arabian people were celebrating because of what just happenend back then at the WTC?? That was disgusting We shouldn't do the same as those sickos, there is no celebration after war, only death.

------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
I'd be Mirac, mighty mage of er... uhm.. er.. - Mirac Honorguard
Fellow Table Dancer of the Jerome's Table dancer group
Spell formulater of the IW peace-keeping force
Old 10-08-2001, 07:30 AM   #140
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
Flots, just because you know of Jesus and can speak of the bible as if you are learned, don't pretend to KNOW him. Do not chastise someone on something that you can know nothing of. I would like to add that Satan tried to use God's word against the savior. If you are not a Christian, please refrain from using any examples of our religion.
Liliara, I probably know as much as any christian about Jesus, and maybe more than most who claim to be christian but have never even read the gospels, let alone the entire bible. (Not saying this applies to YOU! ) I have the greatest respect for Jesus, for his teachings and for the way he lived his life. So why should I NOT use him as an example? Especially to one who IS a christian, and presumeably trying to live by Jesus example?
Can YOU imagine Jesus treating an animal - even an unclean one - in the way Larry did? I do not claim that Jesus would not kill anything - but he sure as hell wouldn't torture it first by pouring chlorine and peroxide into it's burrow. Furthermore, since you believe the bible, you will know that God and Jesus do NOT kill innocent people, so to state that the West's action in Afghanistan is the work of god (as you seem to have done), is mistaken, to say the least.

No hard feelings, Liliara, but I don't see why I should not express my opinion as clearly as you express yours! Nor should I be restricted from using an example of my choice if it fits. I did not say Larry should not use killing the rat as an example, even though I found it reprehensible, and said so.

Let's not fall out just because we disagree, ok?

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Closed Thread