Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2001, 01:42 AM   #91
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
I have to say that it's not "God's will" being done, it is man's will. Men made the decisions to kill and be at war, not God. God's will was that we have the freedom to choose how we act and react. A series of decisions led to this moment. For good or bad, we do as we do, but please, don't tell me it is God's will that we go to war, that is, in my opinion, very much like what the fanatics on the other side are saying in response. Only they say it's His will that we 'infidels' die. I humbly submit that both are wrong.

Cloudy

Whether Liliara meant it that way or not, it is still a great post

God did not do this. Men and their stupidity did.
Old 10-08-2001, 01:44 AM   #92
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:
Hmmm...sorry about this Dio, but I'm going to have to 'disturb' you also.

Liliara, I'm right there with ya hon!!!

Hey you!!!!! It's been a good day...We haven't been outnumbered at all! It seems that many share the reasoning that we couldn't sit by and wait for the Taliban to quit stalling! Heck, even Pakistan gave up trying to reason with them! And you know what, we drop em medicine and food like some people wanted, and they still aren't happy with America! Go figure!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)
Old 10-08-2001, 01:47 AM   #93
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Big mistake, imho, Liliara. With a little more patience the Taliban would have handed bin Laden over, I think. As it is, we have played right into his hands - the first civilian Afghanis killed will likely see the beginning of WW3.
Not clever.

Sorry, Liliara, that's my opinion, nothing against you, or the US people.
And I truly hope I'm wrong.

Hi Fljotsdale
Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree with you. The Taliban has been doing nothing but stalling for the last three weeks. Even when the US presented them with intelligence which was enough to convice the other members of the Coalition, even the Muslim members BTW, they still stalled and blustered. There is no way that they would have willingly handed over Bin Laden. As has been pointed out on several threads last month, it goes against their own 'laws'.

And no, I dont believe that the deaths of civilians will trigger a world war. The US has obviously, loudly, and very publically been sending the innocents of this war every help that is in our power to give. Air-Dropped supplies. Food. Medicine. Weapons for the Northern Alliance. Yes, attacking is a gamble, but with that kind of stacking of the odds, the cards are bound to fall in our favor.

------------------
"In Memorium of those who are gone, and all those that bought our freedom with their hearts blood!"

"May the Colors of Liberty never run"
Old 10-08-2001, 01:48 AM   #94
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

well we give Osama supplies and equipment during the Soviet invasion and he attacked us... thats gratitude for you! guess he didnt like our gifts, so we have to go shake his hand with one of those lil buzzer thingys... (bout 50,000 volts more on it, though)... sorry if this post seems a bit off, ive been kinda tired lately...

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-08-2001, 01:59 AM   #95
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
Hey you!!!!! It's been a good day...We haven't been outnumbered at all! It seems that many share the reasoning that we couldn't sit by and wait for the Taliban to quit stalling! Heck, even Pakistan gave up trying to reason with them! And you know what, we drop em medicine and food like some people wanted, and they still aren't happy with America! Go figure!

First off, I am one who agreed we need to take this action, and about earlier, no, no hard feelings. I've not seen many people oppose the action in general, but some seem to feel the timing was too soon.

Glad you mentioned the humanitarian drops. I'm really pleased we mangaged to start that and hope the general population gets hold of some of it.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-08-2001, 01:59 AM   #96
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
well we give Osama supplies and equipment during the Soviet invasion and he attacked us... thats gratitude for you! guess he didnt like our gifts, so we have to go shake his hand with one of those lil buzzer thingys... (bout 50,000 volts more on it, though)... sorry if this post seems a bit off, ive been kinda tired lately...

LOL!!! I think the point is well taken SS!

------------------

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)
Old 10-08-2001, 02:04 AM   #97
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Larry - that is unspeakabe. I guess we are just diametrically opposite. Can you imagine Jesus doing that?

And if I dont believe in Jesus?

To get rid of vermin sometimes you have to think, and even act like them. That's a moral decision that every person has to make for themselves. Imposing your morality on them is exactly what Bin Laden and Al Queda have done to the world. It is sick and wrong.

(And please, please note that I'm not calling you a terrorist Fljotsdale. I have infinitely more respect for you than that. I just disagree with your view and I get just as up in arms when people start throwing around statements like "Can you imagine Jesus doing that?" as you do about jingoism.)

------------------
"In Memorium of those who are gone, and all those that bought our freedom with their hearts blood!"

Old 10-08-2001, 02:09 AM   #98
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Glad you mentioned the humanitarian drops. I'm really pleased we mangaged to start that and hope the general population gets hold of some of it.

Cloudy

I as well, Cloudy! There were already reports that the Taliban had begun to seize food supplies when this first started. I know how they view women there, and I know that if it is up to them, their army will get it all. Hopefully these strikes will keep them too busy to get to the drops, but I wouldn't count on it. It's sad I know, but perhaps this will help more of the Taliban army to desert. I do hope that the refuges are safe, but I've yet to hear anyone mention the foreign aid workers who are being held by the Taliban. They may yet be put to death by the Taliban, but the crime they were being held for (teaching Christianity) carried the death penalty by their laws, so they would have been put to death even without this war. My only hope is that some kind of rescue mission will take place to get them out. It makes me sick how the Taliban played on the families emotions and tried to use them as pawns! I pray they come out of this.

------------------

LH Member

Old 10-08-2001, 02:14 AM   #99
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:
And if I dont believe in Jesus?

To get rid of vermin sometimes you have to think, and even act like them. That's a moral decision that every person has to make for themselves. Imposing your morality on them is exactly what Bin Laden and Al Queda have done to the world. It is sick and wrong.

(And please, please note that I'm not calling you a terrorist Fljotsdale. I have infinitely more respect for you than that. I just disagree with your view and I get just as up in arms when people start throwing around statements like "Can you imagine Jesus doing that?" as you do about jingoism.)

Don't worry, Nachtrafe, I think that Flots said she is an atheist...

I believe that she directed that mockingly towards those of us that do believe.

I may be wrong, though, it wouldn't be the first time!

------------------

LH Member

Old 10-08-2001, 02:17 AM   #100
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Killing Spree:
Sorry! Thought you were male!
Quote:

Why does everybody instantly ASSUME I'm male?! Geez...

LOL, listen, I'm all for world peace but its going to be something the world needs to work on. Right now our varied opinions just show how hard a decision our president and other world leaders had to make. Let's show some support for our government and pray that THEY make the right choices, it is their job.
LOL...when I used to go by the name Raven, everyone used to assume I was a woman. I feel for ya.

BTW...some excellent posts. Especially the part about our leaders. We elect them(in those countries that are democratic) and we therefore must express a certain amount of trust in the decisions they make. Especially under stress. I'm not 110% fond of everything that Bush has done, but I still support him to the limits of my ability.

------------------

Closed Thread