Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2004, 01:05 PM   #11
Gab
Zhentarim Guard

Skunk, I must say that I'm surprised you're not happy that Rantisi is gone, you loathe this guy.

Seriously though, I doubt killing Hamas leaders will work, it's too easy to replace them and most of them know the risks they're taking.
Old 04-18-2004, 01:12 PM   #12
Skunk
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Gab:
Skunk, I must say that I'm surprised you're not happy that Rantisi is gone, you loathe this guy.

Seriously though, I doubt killing Hamas leaders will work, it's too easy to replace them and most of them know the risks they're taking.
Absolutely loathed him - but actions must be measured against their consequences... It would have been better to have marginalised him with real efforts towards peace rather than martyred him with an open act of murder. And then in later years later years, he could have been arrested and made to answer the charges of terrorism in a court of law. All that's left now is an increased feeling amongst the supporters of moderates that folks like Queri have failed to reign in the Isreali military, that their politics of peace do not deliver peace and that the only solution is to pick up bombs and guns.

You'd have to really HATE ordinary Israelis and Palestinians alike to support this murder.
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 04:19 PM   #13
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Skunk

You'd have to really HATE ordinary Israelis and Palestinians alike to support this murder.
Wow... then most Israeli's must really have some kind of mental problem, because i'm pretty sure the majority of them is in favour of killing Hamas extremists.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:37 PM   #14
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Wow... then most Israeli's must really have some kind of mental problem, because i'm pretty sure the majority of them is in favour of killing Hamas extremists.
Yeah, decades of living in fear and under 'siege' will do that to ya
Old 04-19-2004, 01:44 AM   #15
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Hamas is a terrorist organization. If we killed OBL, the world would be fine with it. I hope Israel continues with this trend, and targets and kills EVERY leader of Hamas. I think it's a bold and correct statement they are making. Get elected to be the leader of Hamas, know you are in the gunsights. Keep up the good work. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2004, 03:25 AM   #16
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Well, the majority here supports the execution (not murder) of that maniac. Ben laden did not do anything by himself. Most of the work was done by his second in command zahiri or whatishisrealnameanyway. So, why killing ben laden is good and killing rantisi is not? Won't his terrorist organisation do more bombings?
If we will follow such logic than we will never punish those responsible. They will grow bolder and commit more bombings as the result.

It is never easy to replace a leader, Gab.
He must be well known, respected, with charisma etc.
Hom many people like these exist? One, two?
They have Def, and a couple of others. That is it. Even now there is yet another squabble for power there.

Did you notice that they announced that their leaders name will be kept in secret?

The bastards are afraid. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 03:37 AM   #17
Skunk
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Baron:

Did you notice that they announced that their leaders name will be kept in secret?

No, just smarter than Sharon.
They're not afraid of death because they already consider themselves as good as dead. And the populace know that they are not afraid to die for their cause.

And now that they are driven underground, monitoring their movements will become near impossible - as will the process of spying on them and getting warnings of attacks.

Sharon has sacrificed many of his own countrymen's lives for a few extra points at the polls. Likud must be feeling very proud of itself.
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 05:06 AM   #18
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Skunk

And now that they are driven underground, monitoring their movements will become near impossible - as will the process of spying on them and getting warnings of attacks
Why would they wanna monitor them ? Soon there will be a huge wall standing between both sides, which will prevent them from targetting Israeli settlememts.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:31 AM   #19
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Baron:

He must be well known, respected, with charisma etc.
Hom many people like these exist? One, two?
They have Def, and a couple of others. That is it. Even now there is yet another squabble for power there.

You grossly misunderstand the nature of passion my friend. Every human has the potential to lead and rally. It's just that this passion, this ability, is roused under different circumstances from person to person. Leadership is not a speciality, (depsite what elitist scientology may expound ), the potential for it is within all human minds, it just requires a spark.

Lust for vengeance is one such spark.

Kill the Hamas leaders, and more will arise to the leadership challenge to replace them. The organisiation may shift in structure and design, but the goal, the antipathy, will remain. You solve nothing. You give more and more evidence of a hostile aggenda with each murder, as do Hamas and their suicide bombers. The murderous actions of all groups involved guarantee that the wheel keeps turning.

The question is, are you truly ready for all-out bloodshed? Do you really think you can keep the reciprocal hits under control? It's up to you, I don't live in the region, and I have no intention of ever doing so in the future. With a little luck you'll still be here tomorrow to tell us how you feel. With a little luck I won't see YOUR mangled corpse on the nightly news with the report of the latest suicide bombing.

We shan't bother with subjective arguments about theorretical rights non-existant claims of ownership shall we? People can trick themselves into thinking they own land and material objects, when really everything and anything is up for grabs for those with the strength and cunning to take it. Let's discuss what you are ready for, because out of everyone involved in this board YOU are the most likely to die from this violence. Do you want peace? Do you want victory? Do you even know what it is you are fighting over anymore? Or is the hereditary hatred enough?
Old 04-19-2004, 07:52 AM   #20
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Not every one has the potential to be a leader. My point is also that there is now " the fight for the chair". they will not follow everyone.
By the way, rantisi hid hid and hid. And hid. Much good it did to him. In order to hid himself he had to move. Then we got him.
Also we have human spies. If he will stay in one place for too long, boom!

Did you notice that we had a "surpricing" decrease in suicaidal bombings?
We can and will keep these ****** ******* in check. We do so right now.

And skunk-why they are hiding if they do not afraid of death? I also do not fear to die. Soon (probably in june or late may. So if i will not spam here for a looong while, assume the worst. [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) i finally will go to gaza strip with my tank. Believe me that it is not very safe. Yet i am in the open risking rpg from a window and other stuff they will throw at me, and they hide. Most of our info is gathered by human spies, not by electronic devices. if they were not afarid, they could have been in the public and we will not hit them, due to children and women that will be around them.
And yet they hide. Why do not they try to commit themselves, a suicide bombing? They will recieve their 72 virgins after all.

And if you think that sharon does not care about jews, you are deeeply wrong. He does not care about arabs, yes. About jews??

And if you had paid more atention to our inner politics you could have noticed that likud and sharon are now at odds.

Please ask me or someone else about what happens here before posting such things again.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote