Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2004, 12:40 PM   #131
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

Exhibit A. the rise of nationalism and autonomy voices in ...[snip]Sweden (anti-Turk)...[snip]

???
Old 04-27-2004, 12:48 PM   #132
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Afghanistan is doing better than you think, Skunk. At least that's what the weekly updates, memoirs, and photos I get from over there tell me. An attorney I know is helping them develop their rule of law. It's very interesting, in fact.

And, the heroes are many. A dedicated captain who works like hell to turn a hospital that had dead animals and feces all over the place when the US arrived into an actual working life-saving operation. A diplomat who is adept at sorting through the civil law tradition of Afghanistan and the tribal laws and working with elders to reach a consensus as to how to move forward. There are too many to list.

What your broad brush strokes do is paint the US simply as aggressors. You fail to miss the fact that more than half our efforts in these places are going toward giving them money, building services, and generally trying to help them out. All the fighting is just to get the damned insurgents off our backs long enough so we can give them and their countrymen much-needed assistance.

Look, the insurgents in Iraq are specifically targeting water and electrical sources, roads, and bridges. Their goal is to hurt their country and their people. 'Nuff said. With goals like that, shoot first I say. There's no time for people trying to stall the process of freeing that society. Useless human trash.

[ 04-27-2004, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 04-27-2004, 01:19 PM   #133
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Yorick-The quote about "So if Iran supplies Hamas with arms, guns, rockets and explosives, it is not terrorism? Well, that's quite a policy swing for you. I'll let Iran know that they can begin filling orders immediately"
, belongs to skunk and not to me.

Skunk- I still wait for the explanation about the innocence of KGB.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 01:59 PM   #134
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Sorry Baron

http://www.hughwilson.com
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote